you wanna make yourself go through the pain

happiness is almost here

and it's almost gonna stay

but remember

the worst word in the english language

is almost.

***

"jo jinho?" the doctor called.  the four boys stood up at the speed of light.

"come this way." she smirked. as they walked in they saw a wounded but awake jeremiah cuddling with a passed out jinho in a hospital bed. jeremiah bowed from where he was on jinho's bed. "hello." he smiled his voice hoarse, he had a bandage on his head and several bruises along his visible body. "hello hyung." they greeted, yanan wiping his tears harshly.

"how is he?" shinwon asked sitting down in a chair. "he jumped in front of me when they started using the weapons, he's got a few cut wounds from the knife your mother was using, and he had lots of punches thrown at him, but my dad knocked him out with a chair right before the police came." jeremiah explained sadly.

"did-did he say a-anything?" yanan asked changgu hugging him from the side. "not while we were in the house but when we were driving their he said something, it's the only thing i remember him saying the entire ride," jeremiah said looking at jinho pitifully, "he said 'i screwed up, jer, they hate me, but i love them.' thats all he said, it took me a while to figure out what he was talking about but, it was you guys he was reffering too."

hyukjae and jongwoon drove to the hospital at the speed of light once their shifts were over. "can you tell us the room for jo jinho and jeremiah ababio?" jongwoon panted, heechul was coming over to the hospital later with samuel.

"room 210" the nurse smiled at the duo. the rushed up to the second floor bowing to the doctors and nurses they saw along the way. when they reached the room they were glad to see jeremiah conscious. they nocked on the door softly. jiwon opened the door.

"hello." he bowed eyeing them confused. "hello, I'm the dispatcher who received samuel-ssi's call." hyukjae greeted.

"is samuel okay?" jeremiah asked. "yes he's fine, he's at the station with another dispatcher right now but he'll be here soon." jongwoon smiled.

"i'm hyukjae's husband by the way." he added. "is there any specific reason you're here?" changgu asked.

"well, we spoke with mr. choi, and found out that there isn't much room in his house. jongwoon and i have a very big house, and we were wondering if you guys would be open to living with us until you decide not too?" hyukjae smiled worriedly at the small boy.

"i-i don't know sir, we would have to make sure the others are okay with it." shinwon said softly. "mr. choi has asked your youngest brothers who agreed and so did those who came to the station so it's really up to you, jeremiah and samuel will be staying with us for now too, per Samuels request." jongwoon smiled crossing his arms, the group of the boys had a quick discussion before deciding that it would be for the best.

"now as long as jinho agrees, we will be your legal guardians." hyukjae smiled.

heechul arrived with Samuel on his back about thirty minutes later. "jer-jer!" samuel giggled running over happily.

jeremiah carefully picked him up and set him on his lap. "is jinho-hyung still not awake?" he asked cutely, just as he said that jinho groaned opening his eyes.

"hyung." shinwon ran over to his side. "hi shinwonnie." He smiled softly, shinwon didn't flinch at the name.

"are you the only one who came?" jinho asked sadly. "no hyung, yanan, changgu, jiwon, samuel , and some really nice police people are here too." he smiled holding jinho's cold hand.

"yanan's here? I thought he was mad at me." jinho asked his brain still kind of out of it. "no no he's not mad, he actually feels really bad, do you want to talk to him?" shinwon asked.

jinho nodded slightly as yanan came over and leaned down in front of the eldest.

as yanan and jinho talked, shinwon noticed a journal on the chair with jinho's clothes. he assumed it was jinho's but picked it up anyways. what was inside shocked him, there were very interesting journal entries, with dates.