do you hear me?

the rain is enchanting
gives him an escape
lets him breathe
one, in
two
three
four
five, out
repeat
his eyes chasing the raindrops
down his bedroom window
lets his mind have a break
all he can think about is the rain

***

"shinwon!" hongseok smiled jumping over to the younger. "hi hyung" shinwon faked a smile.

"it's raining today" hongseok commented, looking at the younger concerned.

"i know hyung" shinwon said, he could tell his hyung was nervous.

"do you have an umbrella?" hongseok asked sweetly.

"i have one hyung~" shinwon smiled. shinwon is the middle kid. brothers, four younger ones. he didn't have many friends so he made friends with the rain. the rain didnt judge him. not the way people did.

"hurry up hyung~~ i wanna see my friends" thirteen year old hyunggu whined.

"one second hyunggu." shinwon smiled at his brother. he loved his brothers so much.

"i just need to put my shoes on then i'll drive you and whoever else is ready to school." he smiled sitting down to put down his combat boots.

"i think yuto is" hyunggu smiled at his hyung. two of the kids were adopted in shinwon's family, yuto and yanan. then there are two sets of twins.

he made sure he had his coat, phone, umbrella, wallet, and car keys. "yuto!" shinwon shouted making said boy dash down stairs.

"hyungs! i'm taking hyunggu and yuto to school." shinwon announced making sure the boys had all their stuff.

"okay! eomma and appa should be home after school." hoetaek yelled.

"black car." shinwon said handing the two boys an umbrella as they ran outside. "oh rain please save me."he mumbled as he opened his umbrella and walked outside. his tight jeans were rubbing against his cuts on his thighs. he hissed as he got in the car.

"you excited for school?" shinwon asked as he buckled his seatbelt and put his stuff in the empty seat.

"of course i am hyung! i can't wait to see my friends!" hyunggu jumped happily.

"what about you, yuto-ah?" shinwon glanced at him through the rear view mirror.

"i wish i could stay home." yuto groaned, he did not want to go.

"i feel you, yuto." shinwon smiled at the boy calmly.

"you should tell him." hyunggu tried to whisper to yuta.

"tell me what?" shinwon asked shocking the boys.

"nothing hyung." yuto smiled, although his eyes were tearing up.

shinwon pulled into the nearby costco parking lot. "what's the matter yuto?" he asked after parking the car.

"it's okay yuto." hyunggu smiled sadly.

"some kids at school were making fun of me for my accent." yuto mumbled, ashamed.

"they weren't just making fun of you! they slammed you to the ground!" hyunggu said causing the five day elder to burst out crying.

"oh yuto..." shinwon said sadly. "hyunggu i'm going to drop you off at school then i'm gonna take yuto home okay?' the eldest of them said turning back around to start the car.

"okay hyung,"hyunggu smiled.

"hey hyojong-hyung?" shinwon called as he was parked in the school parking lot with a very upset yuto in the backseat.

"yeah shinwon?" he answered, not very happy that he had gotten a call.

"i'm gonna take yuto home, and then later he needs us to tell us something." shinwon explained, sending his brothers anger.

"okay, us older ones don't have school so let me finish dropping off changgu and yanan, and jinho has wooseok." hyojong explained before hanging up.

"want to get donuts?" shinwon asked trying to cheer the boy up. yuto smiled through his tears and nodded.

"okay," shinwon smiled at the boy pulling out the school parking lot.

"thank you for not making me go hyung." yuto looked out the window at the rain.

"of course yuto." shineon smiled looking at the boy in the back seat.

"don't tell the hyungs or eomma and appa i'm letting you eat in the car." shinwon smiled at the younger who was happily eating his maple bacon donuts, two dozen more donuts in the back seat.

"i'm not dumb hyung~" yuto smiled teasingly.

"i know you aren't yuto." shinwon said a little more seriously.

"thank you again hyung." yuto smiled at his hyung, "of course yuto, you don't need to thank me." shinwon smiled wiping some icing off yuto's face.

"come on, let's go inside." shinwon said handing yuto his umbrella and grabbing all of his stuff, yuto was helping by grabiing the two boxes of donuts and closing the car doors.