Bottles and Bangs

The next day
Not only was last night something I never saw coming but today had to be blazing hot, Shigaraki had me working on new mixes which was another thing coming. I had to unclip one side of my dungarees just so gain some air, Dabi and I hadn't spoken about what happened between us, after the kiss I'd tugged away and kept walking until my feet ached then I didn't see him on the way back. I didn't want to have that conversation ever but I could feel it coming, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I knew once I came out to them about my anxiety, I would be thrown out and back onto the streets.

Kurogiri watched carefully as my hands shook uncontrollably as I tapped the grey powder into the silvery substance at the bottom of the beaker "can I help?" I sighed "no I'm okay, but thanks for offering" I could see the concern shine through depths of his yellow wisps for eyes. I ignored it and kept working attempting not to look like I wanted to melt into a puddle on the floor. Twice had managed to keep the fluctuating air conditioning stable but I could feel it slowing giving out as the room gradually warmed up without freezing air making it seem the little more bearable.

My hands searched through the different bottles thoroughly, I needed something that would give me an endothermic reaction but this wasn't for me personally no matter how much I craved the coolness. Shigaraki had said he needed something to combat the kids with heat-based quirks so what better way than removing the heat from the surrounding area? I prepared my work station slipping a mask over my face in case of splash back. I used a pair of forceps to assist the vial into the other beaker

"please work" my fingers brushed the glass finding comfort in the touch of the icy cold feeling "Shigaraki is going to love this...if it works how I think it works" I put my work to one side before grabbing an old chemistry book that I used to revise from. My shaky fingers skimmed the pages as all the memories were brought back in the least painful way...I had some of my happiest memories with this book.

After about two hours, the heat got a little unbearable even for me so I decided to hit the streets. First of all, I grabbed a few new ingredients, then the anxiety meds I'd completely forgotten about which kinda made me look like a teen parent with the big plastic bags of stuff while I rushed around. I caught a train that took me halfway across town where I melted on a park bench. I didn't care that my overall strap had come undone completely leaving my cleavage one side exposed, it was just too hot right now.

That's when I saw it, on one of the local's wrists was a symbol I recognised all too well - three black dots trailing down their arm under their sleeve. This was a mark given to those who went 'too far' back at the school I went to. Several times I almost earned myself that mark but words and cash would always block the iron they burned us with. Looks like this student wasn't so lucky. I'd heard stories that as soon as they got the mark, they got thrown out of the building...I'd considered escaping that way once or twice since but I'd always end up with the conclusion that it wasn't worth it.

My eyes fell closed under the hot sun letting the sweltering warmth wash over me like a raging tsunami of fire, I was pale enough that if I did burn, it would just look like a mild tan.