Long day, longer nights

When we got back
Dabi managed to drag both the perverts somewhere in the hideout as i hugged Himiko stiffly. All I needed right now was for someone platonic to hold me, I didn't care who. I patted her shoulder sweetly "my room hasn't changed, has it?"

She shrugged "Dabi was forced to move in with you, but other than that, no" Dabi couldn't be that bad of a roommate could he? I wandered to where my room was located and slipped into my pjs.

I settled on the left side of the bed with a book trying to distract myself from the last few weeks but it wasn't working at all, I just kept finding references to the maid job in between the lines.

As I threw the book across the bed with my hands rubbing my face, the door opened "one hour in with the new roommate and she's already attacking the bed with books" my posture softened when I saw Dabi with a tray in hand "I couldn't of been your only choice?"

He brushed my chin once he'd set the tray next to us, his touch felt genuine and safe, nothing compared to the pigs he'd shoved away "well I the whole league to pick from...but it seemed like an opportunity I couldn't refuse" on the tray lay a pot of herbal tea and steaming soba.

My mouth watered at the sight but I chose to ignore the pile of papers underneath the tray "Shigaraki wants the details, I said 'it could wait' but he seemed persistent" I glanced away nervously as the man moved the tray off the papers revealing a default outline of a female figure.

"He said if you were comfortable, use different colours for the two bastards" there was a red and purple pen. I let out a sigh clutching the red pen as I circled where the lower back would be...the trail where he'd traced his fingers, where the figure's jaw was and the lips, the ass, the back of the thigh and the stomach, a line sketch along the character's waist and two circles on my chest which caused Dabi to stiffen up.

After drawing a few more little markings making both of us tense in how in uncomfortable we both were but then came the hard part. I had to write down every name he'd ever called me, every comment he'd ever made, all the little changes he'd force me to make.

I didn't know where to start "we can take a break if you want?" I shook my head grabbing the paper and scribbled down each word as it flooded through my mind, each one held his cold and heartless tone. 'Below average' and 'no one likes a woman who fights back' were written slightly smaller hoping to skip past his gaze but it did the exact opposite

"that bastard" I laughed nervously as I wrote 'unattractive and dumb' "yea and on the first day too" it was like I'd been preparing to write this list my whole life 'lighter contacts', 'taller pair', 'why don't you spin?' All of them flowed onto the page like a life sentence, the pig's life sentence to be exact.

'Silicon implants and chapstick', 'flat chested', 'unfit' and other things like 'quirkless' and 'short'. The more I wrote, the more the man in front of me twitched and rolled his shoulders.

'You cut quite the figure in that uniform. We can do something about the height and eyes later on once you're settled' seemed to get quite the reaction out of him "do you want me to stop?"

My hand caressed his jaw showing he was the one I loved and not the man I wrote about "no, do as much as you want" I wrote down the petty names before quoting the house rules which unnerved me at the very beginning "house rules: only speak when you're spoken to, only come when you're summoned and you have to do 'everything' asked of you" I scribbled every word I said before handing the pile to Dabi with a stoic expression.

"Are you okay?" His hand rested on the teapot using his quirk to reheat the contents before handing me a cup of steaming herbal tea to soothe my nerves "I'm sort of glad I've done it tonight instead of tomorrow or next week. It's out of the way. Why'd I ever think it was a decent opportunity?"

I shook my head sipping the liquid "want me to run you a bath or something?" I shook my head "I'm okay. But I guess Himiko never told you I'm afraid of water" he raised an eyebrow trying to hold back the smirk "you better have a good reason why"

I placed down my tea smiling vaguely "how's my classmates tried to sacrifice me in a lake sound?" His eyes widened "You're joking" my hand felt under the bed for lacy fabric before I pulled out the crimson dress that I'd worn as a kid on the day they'd tried to drown me

"Smell that" I handed it to him and watched as he sniffed the fabric before his expression creased "I could never quite get the 'scent' of the water out." The dress was tossed aside as I pushed away the memory of that night. "Would you want to try it with me sometime? I promise I'll keep you safe"

My hand slipped into his sweetly "sure, I'd like that" a small smile formed on his lips as they brushed against my cheek before he left with the papers in hand as well as a cup of tea while I took advantage of the situation engulfing the noodles and practically inhaling them like I do with all food, I bet Shigaraki does it too when no ones looking!

I don't think I've ever tasted something so heavenly! And my boyfriend was a walking-fire-pit so i could just cook whatever and whenever I wanted however he might get the wrong idea and think I was only with him for his quirk...

I only just got him back...now was not the time for the kind of jokes that could risk him leaving me again...so far that feels like my entire existence but who cares?!