These Are The Days

It's Ha Young first birthday party. The house is full of flowers, balloons, and foods. A lot of foods. Jeong Hyeok already told his wife not to go overboard and Se Ri is well aware that her one-year-old daughter will not remember her first birthday party. But who can stop her? Se Ri insists that today is not only Ha Young first birthday party but also as a celebration for Jeong Hyeok and Se Ri for becoming parents for a year and they survived it without any major disaster so it must be celebrated. In the end, Jeong Hyeok gave up and let his wife do whatever she wants with the party.

The whole family, Ri Jeong Hyeok's duckling squad – Yes, they are invited and the now-retired Mr. Ri Chung Ryeol himself makes sure those boys attend his granddaughter first birthday party in Switzerland. Nobody knows what kind of excuse he made, but well they appear to land in Switzerland safely so it doesn't matter. The boys are excited to meet their niece for the first time. Granddad insisted that those boys are important in their life, and will always be grateful for what they did – and few Se Ri's loyal employees also attend the birthday party.

The last 2 years have been the most hectic time of Jeong Hyeok and Se Ri life. Between working like crazy and splitting time between 3 countries, they found out that they were having a baby. This unexpected pregnancy shocked both of them. Yes, they want children, but having children hadn't been on their radar. Nevertheless, they managed the whole pregnancy process quite successfully. With the help of her mother, Se Ri was able to spend more time in Switzerland during her pregnancy. So the next few months Jeong Hyeok and Se Ri only focusing on the preparation of their first child impending arrival, building a nest and being happy.

Little Ri Ha Young came into their life that summer. Her grandparents love her. She is the first grandchildren in both families after all. She has every single member of the family wrapped around her little finger. Jeong Hyeok's father who's always appeared to be cold turned into a warm and loving Granddad the moment Ha Young was born. He smiles every time his granddaughter is around. Not to mention his effort to make little Ha Young laughs – Including making funny faces and noises. Also making a fool of himself that amused Jeong Hyeok to no end –Se Ri often jokes about her daughter will grow up as a spoiled brat. Everybody loves Ha Young. They can't help it. Ha Young is indeed the greatest gift of their life.

"Ha Young-ah, come here. Come to Halmeoni. You can do it." Se Ri's mother encouraged her granddaughter to walk.

Ha Young still standing on her spot and giggling not quite sure what to do.

When Se Ri's father join his wife and encouraged Ha Young to walk, she smiles then takes little baby steps towards her grandparents. She earns multiple raspberry kisses on both cheeks that sends her to another uncontrollable giggles.

Now that everyone already gathers, the doljabi ceremony is about to start. Everyone is curious about the choice Ha Young would make. Jeong Hyeok holds her daughter while Se Ri spreads everything in the table. There is various type of ball, money, a little gavel, a stethoscope, a handcuff toy, a mine microphone and so on.

"Ha Young-ah. Listen to Eomma and take the money." Se Ri says.

"What?" Jeong Hyeok asks in disbelief.

"No. Take whatever you want. But you know that money is the safest choice right?"

Se Ri keeps pointing on the money. Hoping that her daughter will understand her and take the money.

"You are too funny. It's her doljabi. Let her choose what she wants." Jeong Hyeok keeps laughing at his wife ridiculous attempts.

"I am letting her choose what she wants. I am just saying money is the safest one."

Se Ri then moves the money closest within her daughter's reach that make every guest double over their laughter.

"Now Ha Young, make your choice!" as the MC of the doljabi ceremony (a.k.a Pyo Chi Su) tell the baby to start choosing, everyone else starts to make various noises and become serious. When Ha Young hand pass the money right in front of her Se Ri shocked in disbelief.