The Coffee Incident

Whoops! I finished it faster than I anticipated. Here we go~ 

There were plenty of things that Ri Jeong Hyeok expected to blow up in his face while his wife was pregnant. He was generally being pretty good about keeping his mouth shut about the whole thing. She had been busy with the Se Ri's Choice expanding to Europe. She was busy, like really busy, much to Ri Jeong Hyeok's annoyance. But he never harassed her about how early she went to work, how she still seems to think she had to work for long hours, and how much she ate –which is very little- nor the sleeping pattern she hadn't developed.

He didn't expect coffee to be the final straw.

The day started the same way it always did. She woke up in the morning and nausea rose with her. He sighed as he pulled himself from the bed. It's been two weeks since her arrival from Seoul, and it also had been two weeks since he needed to witness morning sickness tortured his wife every single morning. He loved his butterflake, but sometimes it was too much even for the father to be to take.

That nickname came out when Ri Jeong Hyeok was shopping in the bakery. He asked his wife if she wanted something specific. She said no.

"What about butterflake?" He asked

"What on earth is that?"

He gasped dramatically. "You don't know what butterflake is?"

"No."

"The great Yoon Se Ri doesn't know what a butterflake is?"

"No."

So he rushed to her wife's new office and took her to the nearest bakery. And since then, they called the baby butterflake.

***

He wished Se Ri keep the crackers in the night table. He set the coffee while he was at it, and his hand was shaking.

He swapped that thing. He had been reading a ridiculous amount of research, even more than Se Ri did. Caffeine isn't great for a pregnant woman. He freaked out when 'miscarriage' had been mentioned. Followed by the risk of low birth weight and health risks.

He took the crackers while the coffee percolates. Se Ri still tried to settle her stomach. His hand goes to her abdomen, stroked in the way he was made a habit.

When she got in the shower, he made his way to the kitchen and her percolated coffee. He fixed her a cup just the way she liked it.

15 minutes later she showed up in the kitchen in her bathrobe.

If looks could kill, that would be Yoon Se Ri's.

"Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi."

His spine straightened. Cold sweat chilling down his spine. He forgot that his wife can be a terrifying person.

"What is this?"

He didn't answer.

"This isn't a coffee, Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi."

Still no answer.

"Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi!"

"You know the baby can hear you, right?"

"No. Not yet."

He sighed. He expected Se Ri to be mad about this, but didn't know that she can be this terrifying.

"Coffee, Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi. A real one, please." She pled him.

"No." He firmly answered while biting his cheek against the surge of irritation that rose inside.