False Alarm

Surprise! I still have one more story. Actually, I finished it before I wrote When Seo Dan Meet Se Ri. Enjoy!

The first cramp started once Se Ri started running the shower in the morning. It felt a little like one of the usual cramps she had been experienced these past few weeks. But this time she could feel the baby moving when it happened, and that only added the discomfort. When a second one followed about fifteen minutes later, she thought little of it. But it was the third one – one that was definitely got her worried because of it definitely more like contraction than a cramp.

It's too early.

She still had about 6 more weeks to go. This can't be right.

So she showered through it, hoping the warm water would ease her discomfort. It didn't. She slipped into her robe that she tied loosely around herself while she walked to the kitchen for water. Two cups of water later, it was still happening.

So she sat on her gigantic yoga ball and tried to stretch her body, it happened again.

She stood up carefully and planning to join Ri Jeong Hyeok where he painted some pink accent on the wall of the nursery.

She thought about start timing them, but she had been experienced this for weeks. I could be another Braxton hick, and she didn't want to make her husband worry when it was nothing.

She was scared, which wasn't her usual state. Confused, she could deal with that. But scared – even being scared, scared her.

Once again she decided to shrug it off.

****

Sitting in the rocker that Ri Jeong Hyeok had pulled into the hallway, she swatted at the paper mask attached to her face that he'd insisted she wear to keep the paint fumes from assaulting her senses. Plucking tiny socks and outfits from a laundry basket at her feet, she smoothed them against her belly before folding them and depositing them to another basket on her right side.

She'd folded so many baby items that she was paying more attention to her husband's shirtless back that showcased his muscles as he pushed and pulled the paint roller along the wall inside the nursery. He was on the second coat of the accent wall and her heart fluttered at the sight of him doing manual labor, as well as from the excitement of seeing her vision of nursery come to life, despite her obvious discomfort.

Pausing to run the roller through the tray of paint, he felt her eyes on him and glanced over his shoulder to look at her. He chuckled at the sight of her mouth and nose covered by the mask, only leaving her eyes and chin visible, and a very tiny sleeper smoothed across her belly.

"What?" She questioned.

"Why don't you go to the bedroom where you'll be more comfortable?" He offered.

"I want to be close to you." She plucked a tiny cotton hat from the unfolded pile of clothes and ran it between her fingers to straighten it before she looked up at him again.

"I am right here, Se Ri-ya." He assured her. "You should elevate your feet."

"Bring me the ottoman, Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi." She tried to get him to meet her halfway.

"Go to the bedroom." He stood firm and offered her a sly smile.

"As soon as you finish." She sang and smiled under her mask.

"Then at least get-up and move around a bit. You can't be comfortable." He begged her as he turned to retrieve the roller so he could continue what he was doing.

"Fine," she agreed, "as soon as I finish folding this basket.

She bent forward to grab the next item and stilled as another cramp rolled across her belly, taking her breath away. Wrapping her arms around her middle as she snuck a peek at Ri Jeong Hyeok, but he was busy painting and unaware of her discomfort.