Newborn

When Se Ri was being tended by the doctor, Jeong Hyeok went out to the waiting room to tell the grandmas the good news.

As he walked out to the waiting room, Kim Yun Hui and Han Jeong Yeon both stood up and came walking toward him. "We have a girl." He immediately broke into tears again. "I've got a beautiful little girl, Mother.". Kim Yun Hui embraced her son and held him as he sobbed.

"Is Se Ri alright?" Han Jeong Yeon asked tentatively.

Jeong Hyeok stepped back from his mother and embraced his mother in law. "She is. I am so proud of her. She did so well." He then stepped back and looked at both ladies at once. "Se Ri is fine, she is tended by the doctor at the moment. The baby is also fine. She was born at 5.30 pm, weighing 3,6kg. She is healthy and perfect."

"Oh, she is a big girl." Kim Yun Hui exclaimed.

"She is a big girl. No wonder Se Ri wanted her out earlier than her due date so bad." Jeong Hyeok chuckled. "Come on in the room."

When the three of them entered the room, the doctor was already finished. Leaving Se Ri and her newborn on her chest to meet the grandmas.

Se Ri's hand gently rubbing the baby's back. She smiled widely towards the new grandmas who desperately wanted to squeal so bad, but noticed their brand new grandbaby was deep asleep.

"Look at all that hair, my goodness." Han Jeong Yeon exclaimed, then wiped away her tears. "She is beautiful, Se Ri. So beautiful. You've got to be careful Jeong Hyeok-ah, she is going to be a heartbreaker."

"She is a perfect mix of both of you. She looks like an angel." Kim Yun Hui added. She never thought this moment would happen. Not after Mu Hyeok's death. This was like a dream come true, watching her son building his own little family. 

"One thing for sure, she's got a good set of lungs. So Grandmas better prepare yourself for the next few weeks. Butterflake cries like her mother." Jeong Hyeok joked.

"What are you talking about?" Se Ri chided.

"I was just joking, Love."

****

Shuffling from the bathroom back to her bed with the assistance of the nurse, Se Ri glanced around the room, hoping to see Jeong Hyeok and Butterflake. Sitting precariously on the edge of the bed so she could ease into it, she fought back tears that threatened to betray her and sighed. Just as she was scooting back into the mattress, the door slowly opened and Jeong Hyeok ducked his head around the wood to peek into the wide room. When his eyes landed on her, she froze and stared at him. Offering her a wide smile, he pushed the door open further and wheeled the baby in her bassinet. Se Ri's tears immediately disappeared and her heart started to race.

"I was starting to worry about you." She giggled, as he pushed the baby across the room to her.

"It took longer than I thought it would, but she's all set now" Jeong Hyeok explained, smiling down at his daughter and reaching to stroke the tip of his finger across the baby's cheek.

Se Ri nodded and continued to work her way back into bed, her nurse assisting. Jeong Hyeok stood by and watched with a slight frown on his face at her obvious discomfort.

"What's wrong? Se Ri asked she relaxed against the back of the bed and sighed.

"You okay? You look miserable, Love." He reached out to stroke her cheek, in the same manner, he'd just touched the baby.

"I am okay. Really sore and tired, but I know what'll make it all better." She told him and smiled weakly before adjusting the covers and pushing the button of the bed so she could sit up more upright.