Just A Spoonful Of Sugar

When the boys were 5 months old, Ri Chung Ryeol and Kim Yun Hui visited their newest grandbabies for the first time. It's had been almost two years since they visited Switzerland. The elderly couple missed their son and his family very much.

Da Eun was very excited. She was jumping up and down in excitement, not even her parents could stop her. She insisted to join Appa to pick up her grandparents from the airport, and of course, Jeong Hyeok couldn't say no.

The sound of little feet softly treading on the carpet, penetrated Se Ri's deep sleep. Then a baby-like flowery aroma tickled her nose and she slowly came to consciousness.

"Mama..." her baby girl said and she blinked to clear her sleepiness.

Da Eun was kneeling by her bed, curiously staring at her.

"Sweetheart, don't wake your mother up." She heard Jeong Hyeok whisper loudly. "Let her sleep."

Se Ri cleared her throat and murmured. "It's alright. I am up." It's not like she was able to actually sleeping anyway. Se Ri slowly sat up and bed and her daughter clambered onto the bed. She pulled her daughter onto her lap and kissed her cheek, making her giggle.

"Sorry, darling. Didn't mean to wake you. Da Eun just wanted to say goodbye." Jeong Hyeok said apologetically and she turned towards him.

He stood in the bedroom doorway, carrying Da Eun's bright pink Dora the Explorer backpack in one hand and a cooler in the other.

"Goodbye?" Se Ri drowsily looked from father to daughter. "What time is it? Did I sleep in?" She looked at her bedside clock and gasped in alarm. "It's 6 am! Where are you guys going?"

"Mama, we're going to the airport today!" Da Eun said excitedly. "We got to go to buy pretty flowers for Grandma and then drive across the highway and then there's a long road and..."

Se Ri absently nodded along as Da Eun went on and on about the journey. She was busy racking her brains, trying to make a list about that to do before her in-laws get here. She snuck a glance and Jeong Hyeok as he tried to bit back a laugh. Se Ri sighed, shaking her head at him but then Da Eun had come to the end of her explanation, so she focused on her daughter.

"Someone is very excited," she said, laughing at her daughter's visible happiness.

"Yes! I miss Grandma and Grandpa so much!" Se Ri smiled and cuddled Da Eun to her and looked at Jeong Hyeok.

"Of course, you do. But 6 Am... Honey... What time is their arrival?"

"8.30," he smirked at her. Se Ri could tell Jeong Hyeok was just as excited as their daughter. "Da Eun, let's go. We don't want to keep Mama up."

"Wait-You are leaving right now?" Se Ri was surprised. "What about breakfast? I'll make you something quick."

"That's okay, Mama! Appa and I just had some milk. Appa promised me McDonald for breakfast."

"What?" Se Ri asked, making sure she heard it right.

"For greasy hash-browns and cheap yucky coffee..." Jeong Hyeok said with a grimace. That was actually Se Ri's description of McDonald's coffee.

"You can have a cheeseburger, Appa." Da Eun said solemnly.

"Good idea, Butterflake. We can split one. And have ice cream." He said with a wink and she giggled.

Se Ri knew she was expected to object, so she said mock sternly. "Don't you dare, Ri Jeong Hyeok!"

Too late Se Ri, they were already running downstairs.