47

"So that's why those three were here and my nurse kept coming in alone?"

"Yea, I suspected this to happen." I looked over to him. His head was hung real low and he looked defeated. I lifted my hand and placed my palm gently on his cheek. "Katsuki, we'll get him back... don't worry."

"How can you be so calm about this!?"

"I can be, because I have you Katsuki. I know you won't rest until you bring him home." I gazed into his eyes. Looking back at me were two red eyes full of anger and love, but empty at the same time. "Katsuki, we will get him back."

"And we will be right there to help you man." Kirishima walked over and put an arm around Katsuki's shoulders. Shoto and Kaminari walked over as well and stood next to the bed. "(Y/N), while you're recovering, we'll pick things up where we left them, back at that warehouse."

"Thank you Eijiro." We smiled at each other before my doctor entered the room. He shooed everyone out while he examined me. Katsuki stood in the corner looking out the window.

"You'll be healed up quickly miss. You should be able to leave tomorrow morning. I'm sorry about what happened, but knowing you two, you'll get him back. You two are some of the best heros this world has to offer."

"Thank you." The doctor nodded and then walked out, closing the door behind him. It was just the two of us now. "Katsuki... please, come sit next to me." He looked up to me and slowly dragged his feet over to the bed. He sat down and swung his legs onto the bed. He squeezed me tight and buried his face into my neck. "Let it out Katsuki... please."

I could feel his body twitch and his tears began rolling down his face and dropping onto my shoulder.

"I couldn't protect him. What kind of Father... Hero can I be if I can't protect him!" He buried his face deeper and I rubbed the back of his head, combing my fingers through his hair. I have to continue to be strong, not only for me, but for Katsuki. I fully trust we will see our son again one day, there is no doubt in my mind.

"Katsuki..." I lifted his head so he was forced to look at me. Tears continued to roll down his face and he clenched his teeth. "Katsuki, I don't know what I can say to you to make you believe in yourself. We will see little Masaru again, I promise babe." I wiped a few tears from his cheeks and hugged him.

"Together, we'll... get him back."

"I love you Katsuki..."

"I... love you too."