Chapter 6

The back garden of the Sakamaki manor was beautiful to Manami. She spent most of her time there, whether it was practicing her violin or just sitting there peacefully, staring at the rose petals that fluttered in the wind. The atmosphere was calming yet frightening at the same time. She had to start to get used to the constant night as it had now become the prime time of her day. It felt like she hadn't seen the sun in months, when it had only been a week or so.

Since she was little, Manami had always been scared of the dark, though there wasn't any particular reason to it. She didn't like the feeling she got of being alone in the pitch black. It made her feel lonely and sad, the emotions she became so accustomed to, yet a stranger that she regrets becoming acquaintances with.

To her, being alone in the whole world was the most frightening part of being a human. She couldn't grasp how the vampires such as the Sakamakis were able to live in isolation from the outside. Even though she was just like them, she was still afraid of this becoming her whole world.

Manami watched the rose as she twirled in her left hand, the dark petals wilting on the end. Even though it wasn't her fault, she still felt guilty. The cold wind of the night blew against her tied hair, before settling down once again, silence overtaking her surroundings.

Sudden foot steps snapped her in the direction of the familiar tall figure, which had made his way past her resting placing. She observed as the familiar blonde walked past her and into the direction of a nearby lake.

Curiosity killed the cat, Manami knew that, but nevertheless, it didn't stop her.

Jumping up from her position, she followed in the direction of the oldest Sakamaki, who had seemed to have already disappeared. She trailed on the only path that he could have possibly taken, reaching a small stone pagoda.

Taking a step into the structure, she noticed nothing but emptiness, which confused her. She was almost 100% sure that this would the place Shu was headed to but she guessed wrong.

"Got you." Two hands wrapped themselves around her arms, tightly bracing her.

She yelped, jumping away from the figure who stood smirking over her.

"Oh, it's you." She exhaled, rubbing the temple between her eyebrows. "Excuse me for my rudeness."

Shu raised his eyebrow as he watched the girl give a small bow, looking up at him and waiting for his reaction. A small smile spreading across his lips.

That smile disappeared as his eyes fell against a new wound which had appeared on the girl's neck, and clearly not the one done by Reiji. With the amount of sacrificial brides that the brothers had already shared, it was easy for him to recognize which bite belonged to whom.

His expression changed to the one of seriousness, as he stared down at Manami with a blank yet threatening face. Her eyebrows furrowed at this, since she didn't know what she had done to disrespect him.

"You are an immoral girl." He whispered, grabbing her hand and pulling it towards himself, bring their bodies to stand closer together.

"Wait!" She exclaimed, but he wasn't listening. His lips made their way to her wounds as they were deeply engraved into her skin.

His tongue traced over the spots, as Manami held in her voice.

"Please, wait a second." She tried to push him away but he didn't listen.

Just right as he opened his mouth, revealing his fangs, the human girl calmly, but with a hint of desperation, said: "Shu..."

The oldest Sakamaki's eyes widened at her calling his name. Never had he felt so eager to hear another girl call his name like this. She was starting to become more and more interesting.