3. An Allusive Kiss

"So, are we doing this?"

"Are you scared, wolf?"

"As much as you are, fox!"

Waiting wouldn't make it any better so they stopped bickering, took a deep breath and entered the cafeteria where their nightmares were made of.

It was their second time in the cafeteria and this time it was better. They weren't shocked this time at least although they were out of their comfort-zone, so they sat together again in silence. That day, Tian Feng didn't have class so the duo had nothing to talk about.

Almost.

"Did you talk with Ying Yue?" Cheng Ming asked all of a sudden.

"No, why?"

"Me neither," he paused for a while then added, "I wrote to her but she didn't reply."

"She never replies, does she? When she wants, she will write" Yang Jian smirked, "see, I know her better than you do."

Cheng Ming gnashed his teeth with annoyance but said nothing. He knew Yang Jian was right. Ying Yue was quite self-centred and indifferent. She was always doing whatever she wanted, not caring about anyone. Cheng Ming liked her because of that. She wasn't acting like other girls, she was real...

Speaking of the devil, Ying Yue finally decided to appear. When they were talking about her, she sent a message to both of them, telling them to meet her (she was used to telling not asking) at their usual club that night.

No objection was raised.

***

The club was their comfort-zone and Ying Yue was the mutual target so it was out of question for Cheng Ming and Yang Jian to go there together.

They spent one hour getting ready and their friends came to pick them up.

In the club, they were sitting at different tables, waiting for Ying Yue to come. As she was the star, she came one hour later than she told them.

She didn't need to search for her potential boyfriends as they were in the private area where all the rich kids were. She looked around and saw that Cheng Ming and Yang Jian were again sitting separately. Still being very childish.

She first went to Cheng Ming's table as he was easier to convince. Seeing her, Cheng Ming jumped to his feet, his eyes sparkling with love.

Smiling at him, Ying Yue held his hand and dragged the love-drugged Cheng Ming to Yang Jian's table.

Pushing him next to Yang Jian, she said "we will sit together."

Yang Jian shook his head with disbelief, that stupid wolf fell to the same trick. Again! Each time!

Cheng Ming's friends also moved to Yang Jian's table while laughing at Cheng Ming's stupidity.

Cheng Ming grabbed Ying Yue's hand and kissed it softly, "you are my weakness, I would follow you to Hell," he looked at Yang Jian, then added "actually I really followed you to Hell."

Ying Yue laughed, contended while Yang Jian was pretending as if he was throwing up.

Then the drinks came.

All night long, Cheng Ming and Yang Jian competed for Ying Yue's attention and she was very happy about that situation. She was flirting with both of them equally, making them more competitive.

When Yang Jian was in the toilet, Cheng Ming took Ying Yue to the dance floor. He was a bit drunk so his cool boy image left his place to the honest Cheng Ming. "Did you kiss Yang Jian?" he asked out of the blue.

She gave him a very suggestive smile, "what do you think?"

"You wouldn't do that, I know you love me more than him." He hoped that it was true.

She gave him a kiss on the lips but didn't answer the question. Unfortunately, drunk Cheng Ming thought the kiss was the answer, so he sharpened it to Yang Jian.

That kiss broke the peace and started the war...