Chapter 8🩸

June 2, 1994
Desire Hemera

A few weeks have gone by since I last seen or spoken to DeVanté. He's been calling almost everyday but K-Ci and Jojo usually cover for me. He did stop by the house a couple of times as well but I wasn't home on a few occasions and if I was, I'd just stay locked up in my room till he left. I also stopped going to the bar so I wouldn't have to see him anymore.

Don't get me wrong, DeVanté is a really sweet guy and I hate that I have to do this to him but there's no point in staying in contact with him. He's falling for me and it's not right. He deserves someone who's going to love him just as much as he loves her. He deserves a happy life and I can't give that to him. I'm also aware of his parents being super strict and religious, so how in the hell would he tell them about me?

" Hey mom and dad, this is my vampire girlfriend. She turned because she was sad and alone but don't worry, she won't kill y'all. "

Like forreal, c'mon. Look at how Dalvin reacted. His parents would be much worse.

And who's going to want to go to school with a bunch of vampire kids? No fuck that, who's going to accept that there's real life vampires walking around the city, period?

I was able to keep it a secret for this long because I didn't really have to deal with humans for more than 5 minutes. But with DeVanté constantly pursuing me, shit's been hard. I'm just at a point where I want to go back to the life where I never knew him.

I heard a knock on my bedroom door and K-Ci's voice from the opposite side, "sis, can I come in?" He asked.

"Yes." I responded while staring out my window. He walked over and sat at the windowsill with me, "DeVanté called again. I think you should just talk to him, Des." He said as he held out his bag of potato chips in front of me. I took a chip and threw it in my mouth, "and say what? I already said what I had to say. We're not gonna work." I shrugged and grabbed more chips.

"I understand that but instead of just ignorin' him and pushin' him away, why don't you just try to stay friends with him? At least be friends with the guy. Y'all looked like y'all was really enjoyin' each other's company." K-Ci suggested as he stuffed his mouth.

I sighed and looked back out the window, "that boy doesn't wanna just be friends with me, Cedric. That's what's making this so hard." I said and he chuckled.

"You don't wanna be just friends with him either. I knew you liked him!" He exclaimed and I just mean mugged him.

"Why are you so loud?" I rolled my eyes and grabbed the bag of chips out his hand. "I don't like him—"

"But you fucked him." He side-eyed me and I started choking on all the chips in my mouth.

"The fuck are you talking ab—"

"Aye, I'm a vampire. I ain't stupid. I seen all them hickeys on ya neck that day you came back home." He snatched the chips back from me.

"Ok first of all, stop cutting me off when I'm speaking. And second of all, so what if we fucked? That doesn't mean I like him. Niggas do that shit to females all the time." I rolled my eyes and waved him off.

K-Ci snickered and put about 5 chips in his mouth, "you have a point there. But that nigga actually makes you laugh. Ain't nobody ever make you laugh except me." He said cockily as he pointed at himself with his thumb.

I shrugged and got up from the windowsill to go lay down on my bed, "so what? He makes me laugh... big deal. It's just not gonna work, ok Cedric? Just leave it alone." I said getting annoyed and buried my face in my pillow.

K-Ci sighed and got up, "whateva you say, baby girl. Here, you can have the rest for comfort food..." He put the bag of chips beside me and left my room.

I turned over and started digging my hand in the bag. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked inside, "fucking asshole." I dashed the empty bag on the floor and laid my head back on my pillow.

Is K-Ci right? Do I like DeVanté? I don't even know what the fuck "liking" someone feels like. But I do know that I feel something for him, I'm just not sure what. I enjoyed his company a lot, he's extremely attractive and talented, and the sex was just... unforgettable.

Suddenly, I felt a very strong presence causing my thoughts to be interrupted. I sensed something powerful but unwanted. I got up from my bed and looked around slowly. My eyes wandered around my room and landed on my window. I walked up to the window and looked outside, finally noticing a man standing across the street. He was dressed in all black with a long black trench coat, just staring at the house.

I quickly ran out my room and downstairs to the living room, "guys!" I yelled at K-Ci and Jojo who were laughing at something on the television. They both looked at me and quickly got it together once they noticed my body language.

"What's wrong, Des?" Jojo asked.

"There's a man across the street. He's just standing there watching the house, it's creeping me out." I said and they both turned around on the couch to open the curtains. I hopped in the middle of them and the three of us stared out the window.

"Look, he's right there!" I whisper shouted and pointed.

K-Ci twisted up his face and turned to me, "why you whisperin'? It's not like he can hear us." He said and as soon as he looked back out the window, the creepy man instantly shot us a look, causing all of us to scream and fall off the couch.

"QUICK! CLOSE THE CURTAINS!" K-Ci shouted as Jojo nervously struggled to shut them closed.

"Who the fuck was that?!" I asked while holding my chest, trying to calm myself down.

"I'm not sure but you should sleep in one of our rooms tonight." Jojo quickly suggested as he gave K-Ci a look that I couldn't quite read.

I nodded and got up off the floor, "I'll sleep in yours, Jo. Cedric has too many pictures of naked women on his wall." I said in disgust.

K-Ci kissed his teeth and waved me off while walking away, mumbling incoherent words under his breath.

My head turned back to the curtains and I slowly made my way over to peek back outside. The weird man was gone. I closed the curtains and went back upstairs. "The fuck is going on..."

🌙

-