Chapter 20🌘

Ala Kazam
DeVanté Swing

"THEY WHAT?!" I shot up from my seat in anger.

I leave the crib for one hour, one fucking hour, and bullshit starts happening. I specifically told Desire to get the hell out of Kazam but instead she chooses to act dumb as hell.

I looked around the garden to make sure no one was listening, "what the fuck was they doin' here?!" I whisper shouted at Amaru.

"They uh- they wanted to see you. Especially yo brother." Amaru replied. I squinted my eyes at him, noticing that there was something he wasn't telling me but brushed it off.

My face softened at the thought of Dalvin. I actually kind of miss his stupid ass and even though the anger inside of me was towards him also, he's still my blood. My brother.

I sat back down and exhaled, "did anyone else see 'em?" I bit down on my lip nervously.

"Nah. Well actually Nyx walked—"

I threw my hands in the air, "oh my goodness!" I grunted and rubbed my temples.

Amaru kissed his teeth, "yo chill out man! She didn't see them. They was under some invisible spell, ain't nobody see 'em but me." He assured me.

I shot him a look, "Nyx ain't stupid, Mar. That girl got eyes and ears everywhere. Shit's fucking annoyin'." I looked away from him and shook my head.

Amaru dug his hand in his bag of chips before stuffing his mouth, "Desire's beautiful." He said while chewing harshly.

I snickered and smirked while looking straight ahead, "think 'ion know that? She's the most beautiful girl I ever laid my eyes on."

Amaru's obnoxious chewing slowly died down. He put the bag of chips on the table and dusted his hands off. "If she all that, why won't you just go back with her?" He genuinely asked.

I sighed and held the bridge of my nose as I closed my eyes. "I wish I knew." I simply responded and wiped my face.

"Yo guys! Meeting!" Drew shouted at us from his bedroom window.

Amaru and I got up from our seats in the garden and headed back inside the palace. We walked into the conference room and took a seat and I raised my eyebrow at Adonis as he held a serious look on his face.

Once everyone was settled in, Nyx walked in and stood beside Adonis. I rolled my eyes and looked at Amaru who looked back at me with the exact same look.

Here the fuck we go.

Adonis cleared his throat and clasped his hands together, "So I've been told there may have been some intruders in here earlier today. Anyone care to share some information?" His eyes slowly landed on Amaru.

Everyone, including Amaru, remained silent. I glanced at Nyx who had a stupid smirk on her face.

She startin' to get on my damn nerves.

Drew shrugged and glanced at everyone at the table before looking back at Adonis, "I ain't see anyone."

"Me neither." Snoop chimed in and everyone else at the table began to deny knowing or seeing anything as well.

"Aye, I wasn't even here man." I sank down in my seat and placed my arms on the arm rests.

"And you, Amaru?" Adonis called Amaru out and he slowly lifted his head up.

"I ain't see shit." Amaru responded lowly with a bland look and rolled his eyes.

Adonis scoffed, "what were you doing talking to yourself in the lab?" He questioned Amaru.

Amaru looked at Nyx and distastefully eyed her up and down, "fucking snitch." He mumbled and brought his attention back to Adonis.

"I was just in there tryna find some shit to help De enhance his magic. Right De?" He chuckled and playfully nudged me.

Adonis shot me a look and raised his eyebrow. I quickly sat up in my chair and released a forced laugh, "ye-yea! Ain't nun wrong wit learnin' some new shit." I shrugged as my smile faded and I slouched back down in my seat.

"So why were you talking to yourself? Or actually, who were you talking to?" Adonis continued to question Amaru.

Amaru harshly kissed his teeth loudly, "well excuuuuse the fuck outta me if I enjoy my own damn company!" He yelled and waved off Adonis.

Adonis sat back in his seat and eyed all of us for a few moments. I wiped my sweaty palms on my pants as I felt myself getting nervous but tried not to show it.

"Y'all are dismissed." Adonis spoke up and we got up from our seats.

On the way out of the room, my eyes connected with Nyx's. She gave me a devilish grin and I returned a mean mug back to her before exiting the room.

"Yo, I'm bout to stop fuckin' wit that girl." I said lowly to Amaru as we walked back out to the garden.

"Tss... this why 'ion be messin' with vampire chicks." Amaru protested as we sat down at the table we were at earlier. "You gotta go for them mermaids and genies!" He exclaimed. I deeply chuckled and shook my head.

"What you think this nigga gon' be up to now?" Amaru asked me, referring to Adonis.

"Man, 'ion know but I know it ain't gon' be good. Des needa stay the fuck away from here or else we all dead at this point."

🌘

-