Chapter 13🖤

June 14, 1994
DeVanté Swing

Two whole fucking days have gone by and still no sign of Desire anywhere

Two whole fucking days have gone by and still no sign of Desire anywhere. After telling Dalvin what had happened at the crib, he agreed to help K-Ci, Jojo, and myself look for her. I swear we searched everywhere in New York and New Jersey but it seems like Chance must've taken her elsewhere and I was honestly losing my damn mind.

"Yo what kinda vampires are y'all anyway?! Ain't y'all supposed to sense or smell her or some shit? Why the fuck haven't we found her yet?!" I got up off the couch, yelling at the Hailey brothers as we were all gathered in their living room.

"Chill out, Vanté! We just as worried as you are!" K-Ci waved me off while pacing back and forth.

Jojo sighed and sat down, "he's right though, Cedric. Something's wrong. We shoulda been found her." He said with his head hanging low.

"Wh-what if she's dead?" Dalvin asked softly. The three of us slowly looked at him without saying a word, knowing that could be a possibility.

The sound of the doorbell ringing snapped us out of our thoughts. Jojo got up to answer it and opened up the door for Static and Mary. We asked them to help us out, thinking we would need more bodies to go out and search for Desire. They agreed with no hesitation but now the hardest part of all this was explaining the whole situation to them without having them freak the fuck out.

"Y'all still haven't heard from her?" Static asked as he took a seat. We all shook our heads 'no' and Mary sighed. "Why don't we just call the police?" She inquired.

"It ain't that simple." K-Ci responded.

We were then interrupted by the door once again. It flew open and a tall, beautiful woman who looked like she could be a model, walked in with a big smile on her face.

"MAMA'S HERE!" She dropped her bags and exclaimed with her arms wide open

K-Ci kissed his teeth and made his way over to her with Jojo following behind, "dang ma, what took you so long?" K-Ci frustratedly asked as he picked up one suitcase. She slapped the back of his neck and pointed at him, "watch your tone with me boy." She warned. Jojo snickered and greeted his mother. K-Ci mumbled a bunch of curse words under his breath but she paid no mind to him and walked over to the rest of us in the living room.