Chapter 15❤️

New Orleans
Desire Hemera

After rushing to the airport and booking the next immediate flight from New York to New Orleans, we were finally here. I was extremely hungry and really wanted to get some food. Adapting to becoming a human again was making my stomach hurt but there was no time to stop. We had to get to DeVanté as soon as possible.

I couldn't help but feel like all of this was my fault. A part of me wishes I never went back to the bar the night of K-Ci's performance. If I stayed away from De, none of this would be happening. I would prefer being alone and still a vampire than to have De go through this shit. Everything's become so complicated for him and I feel like crap for putting him in the position he's in now.

"We're gonna get him back, Des." Dalvin said softly to me as we sat in the very back of the van taxi.

I looked away from the window and sighed, "I'm so sorry, Dalvin. This is all my fault." I replied trying to hold back my tears.

"No it's not." He held on to my hand. "My brother really likes- no, he loves you. You're all he thinks about other than music. This isn't your fault, y'all were meant to be. He was supposed to be the one to break the curse that was put on you and he did. We just hit a bump on the road but it's all good, Des. I know everything will be fine and we'll get him back. Besides, this probably the most... I guess... excitement I've had in a while." He gave me a soft smile.

"I hope there's some cute girls in this place." Static mumbled while looking out the window on the other side of Dalvin.

We all turned to him with a stern look except K-Ci, who held a smirk on his face. "I like this nigga." K-Ci praised Static from the seats in front of us.

Aunt Abby turned around from the passenger's seat and threw her magazine harshly at K-Ci's head. "Ow, ma!" He hissed and brought his focus back to the front of the car.

She rolled her eyes at her child and looked back out the window, "alright we here!" She exclaimed and told the driver where to stop.

Everyone hopped out of the taxi as Aunt Abby paid the driver. I looked around and furrowed my eyebrows, "it's just a park." I said while watching a couple and their kids ride their bicycles down the side walk.

Aunt Abby closed the car door and began to walk up ahead of us, "follow me." She instructed and we did as told without saying another word.

We walked deep into the forest for about 40 minutes. It was starting to get dark and I could feel my body weakening from how hungry I was. Being a human again was harder than I thought. If I was still a vampire, I would've been sucked the life out of the deer that K-Ci and Jojo already had the pleasure of doing 15 minutes ago.

After 10 more minutes of walking, Aunt Abby finally stopped in front of a large tree with a red flag on one of the branches. We all dropped to the ground in exhaustion from all the walking. I laid my head on Mary's leg and briefly closed my eyes.

"You good, girl?" Mary asked as she rubbed my hair. "Mhm." I nodded, knowing that I wasn't.

I opened my eyes and looked at Aunt Abby who grabbed a mirror out of her bag. "Aunty, really?" I asked in annoyance.

Here I am, hungry as shit but not complaining about it because I didn't want to slow anyone down and this woman is worried about checking her hair and makeup.