Chapter 29❤️

OMNISCIENT

The morning after the battle, DeVanté, Desire, and their friends returned back to the castle to say their farewells to everyone. All of Kazam was present in appreciation for what the group had done for them. The realm was now free from all the evils King Adonis had caused and they had no one else to thank but the ones who risked their lives taking on such a challenge.

"You gon' always be my nigga. In this world, your world, any mothafuckin' world! I fucks wit you for life, De." Amaru expressed as he hailed up DeVanté, saying their last goodbyes to each other.

"You a real one, man. You my brother and that's on everything. I'll be back to visit, no doubt." DeVanté affirmed his friend. "I actually have a surprise for you." He added.

Snoop and Drew took this opportunity to approach the two friends. Amaru furrowed his eyebrows, glancing between the three of them. "What? What's goin' on?" He asked.

Snoop cleared his throat, "well after much discussion, you... my dearest nigga Amaru... have been chosen to be the new king of Ala Kazam. Congrats mothafucka!"

Amaru's mouth dropped in disbelief. "This a joke right?!" He felt like he was dreaming but the men assured him that the were indeed being deadass.

"We actually decided on DeVanté but since he ain't from here, he suggested that we present you with the title instead. You the realest nigga we know anyway. You deserve it, man." Drew happily announced.

Everyone present congratulated Amaru while he thanked all of them, almost breaking down in tears.

Meanwhile, the rest of the group were experiencing a bittersweet moment.

"Thank you so much for putting up with us, Giselle." Desire hugged her tightly as Giselle rubbed her back. "No worries, sweetie. Anything for Chris and Danielle's little girl. They would be so proud of how strong and fearless you are." Giselle pulled away and smiled at her.

"It was really nice meeting you all! Desire, pleaseeee make sure you invite me to you and DeVanté's wedding!" Sarafina flew around happily in front of me.

I giggled and nodded, "I will, Fina. Thanks again for all your help." I responded.

"Love you, auntie. Be safe- oh and next time, try to visit without Cedric. Ain't nobody wanna be listening to him and ole girl doing the nasty all damn day." Marcus stressed to Aunt Abby. She just laughed and hugged her nephew.

Desire spotted Sincere standing with his family and scurried over their way. "Sincere!" She yelled, getting his attention.

He met her halfway and gave her a grin, "hey, Des. Crazy night, huh?" He chuckled.

"Very!" She shook her head. "I just wanted to thank you again, you really helped my ass out a lot. De spoke to the guys and they offered to help you and your family find work out here. It's the least they could do for what you did for us." Desire announced to Sincere.

"Wow- Des, thank you so much for that. I really appreciate it." He opened up his arms and they shared a friendly hug.

"Time to go, everyone!" Aunt Abby shouted and the group quickly approached her.

They walked up to a nearby tree as the people of Kazam watched them prepare for their departure.

"Make sure you come see me soon again, Abby!" Tony shouted and winked at her as he stood next to Giselle, with smiles on both of their faces.

Aunt Abby snickered and playfully rolled her eyes. She brought her attention back to the tree and held her mirror up to it.

"Take us to New Orleans!"

A big black hole appeared on the tree trunk and the group linked hands, repeating the same thing they did when they were first entering Ala Kazam.

"GOODBYE EVERYONE!" They looked back and said their final farewell to the beautiful people. They chanted and waved their hands in the air back to them while yelling 'be safes', 'take cares', and 'thank yous'.

Aunt Abby lead the way inside the tree as the rest followed behind. They walked into the darkness, making their way back into the real world. DeVanté and Desire looked back and watched the hole close up. They brought their attention back to the front and noticed a light appear ahead.

"Watch your step." Aunt Abby stepped out of the tree and stepped aside to make sure everyone carefully made it out.

DeVanté was the last one to step out and they all let go of each other's hands.

"Ohmygosh!" Desire gasped. "DeVanté... your face! Your hair! You're back to normal!"

"Huh?! Lemme see." He took Aunt Abby's mirror from her and brought it up to his face.

He rubbed the side of his face and dramatically held on to his chest. "Thank god." He mumbled and handed Aunt Abby her mirror back.

They proceeded to make their way out of the forest and back into the busy streets. They stood on the sidewalk in front of a few New Orleans shops, waiting for a taxi to drive by that they could flag down.

"It's June 15th." Dalvin said as he picked up a local newspaper off a newspaper stand. "Only a day went by. That shit is still crazy as hell to me." He snickered and put the newspaper back down.

"Yo, me and that Nyx girl coulda been somethin'. We woulda had somethin' special, but she was one crazy ass bitch!" Static said to Dalvin and Dalvin nodded, agreeing with him.

Aunt Abby soon caught a van taxi and everyone hopped in. Desire and DeVanté took a seat in the very back and began to reminisce on their wild adventure.

"The whole thing was hell but I think it was what we needed to bring us closer." DeVanté expressed as held on to Desire's hand.

"I agree." She lifted her head off his shoulder and leaned in to softly peck his lips.

He pulled away, gazing into her eyes and caressed her face with his free hand. He took this moment to admire the beautiful woman seated next to him. The love of his life, his perfect woman, his "goddess of the day". Desire Hemera.

"I always knew I was the one for you."

❤️

•THE END •

-