THE ENCOUNTER

My cousin and l were busy watching a movie in my flat, when a squad of guys entered the building with laughter,  my cousin Ann decides we peep to see who the new guys are from our  window which was open. In that season there wasn't water in the taps, only allowed us to fetch from a borehole.

The guys,one namely Brian, my neighbor who stays next door and two other guys who we didn't know of appear with empty buckets to fetch water right next to our flat where the borehole is located, as their laughter  grew louder and louder, my curiosity rose and l tiptoed near and near towards the door, to have a closer look at the guys.

she immediately saw a young masculine guy shirtless, l gazed down to his abs as they were shimmering in the dark, down to his shorts, and just froze. The handsome guy turns to me and smiled, his eyes were glowing like diamonds, reflecting the light from the bulb. l just couldn't stop staring at him.

"Wanjema sam is my name, wat about yours? "he asked. l shut the door due to shyness and just leaned at the door as my cousin is bursting into laughter as she knows me as a confident person, now am shaking like a coward. My heart throbbing so fast l couldn't catch my breath.

As for me and my cousin just chuckled and  mumbling how cute the guy is.. already fantasizing how cute our children with this wanjema guy will be, our future home how happy we would be. Reality hits me when my cousin snaps her finger.

"shiqs, you know this is just a stupid crush"  Ann said to me. "NO! l have never felt this sure before, he is the one, my soul mate" l said with a little smile on my face. "  " l need to go to their flat and introduce myself and show them how confident l am.

"Hey guys, l apologize for my baby ish ish behavior....."l said. bursting with laughter  interrupted my speech. " its okay, we understand, the feelings exchanged here is just incredible" Austin said, the third guy. " eeehhh shiqs , we still love you you Know right?" Brian said.

" Do this wanjema guy speak?" l said " he so queit and a while ago he was was bursting with laughter like there is no tommorow".

He stared back at me and said " aaww, your name is shiqs, a beautiful name,  well you shut the door in front of my face, what do you expect?" ..