CONSCIENCE

My eyes welled with tears, my lips trying to form a smile whenever the driver tried to look at me via the front mirror, l tried sniffing discretely. Feelings of frustration was brushing through wondering if l made a wrong choice by being with him.

What was going through my mind was that how can my cousin know this heavy secret and not dare tell me or give me a clue, also why did Sam not just trust me from the word go.

Well l know a baby its a gift from God but thats the information you start with before anything else in a relationship.

Well, am l too uptight that he thought he couldn't trust me with the information, does he fear me?
does he think am stupid all these while?
so he wasn't even planning to tell me if not for me to overhear?

If he could trust my cousin that much, then he should have picked her instead of me, because relationship its about trust and l see that in them.

If he viewed me not only as his girlfriend, but also his best friend, hiding that sensitive information its a big deal.

As for my cousin, mmmmmmhhhh.......

"Madam , we are here at Uzima estate.." the driver said.
"Just hoot twice, the guy inside will just come out" l said.

Ken rushed outside and paid the Uber man.

He gave me a tight hug whispering " You don't deserve that man Shiqs, l will treat you right, love you right..... "

"uuuhhh!! haha l know and am freezing out here, just look at my clothes " l said to him as l push myself out of the hug.

" yea yea am sorry, come in, l have some extra pajamas that might fit and tight boxers that l don't wear anymore, can fit you too" he said laughing

we all laughed out, almost forgetting l had a rough night,  " What do you mean your tight boxers, you cannot be serious, but don't worry am not that rained on." l replied with a shy voice.

l changed to his pajamas, what do l say, he has good taste of sleeping clothes haha. Afterwards joined him in the sitting room.

"Dear friend, let me warm up some noodles l had prepared for supper, here is the remote, just play any movie you want." he said

After eating, l was so full and started to feel sleepy.
l started to doze off on the chair. Ken's eyes were so fixed in the movie " Extraction."

The last thing l remember is feeling his hands as he covered me with a soft blanket, saying " Shiqs, l wish you give me a chance to love you, if only you knew how much l feel for you."