THE PARTY

"Can everyone gather around please dinner is almost served!!" the MC said.

Ken never left my sight, he introduced me to his friends and most importantly his boss too , the plan was any personal questions about 'US' , he's the one to answer, from how we met? how long  we've been dating?, but other questions l can freely answer.

l wonder what he has been telling them about me, the rate at which everyone is asking questions is suspicious. l hope Ken is not thinking we will have something after this, because l agreed to this because am not talking to Sam and l need something to take me off him.

He acts so suggestively with so much confidence, but sometimes he gets me so confused, l have been telling him that we can't have anything at all but he still hangs around, thou he is one of my closest friends, l would never want to loose him, but my love belongs to Sam.

Basically my work here was to just eat and enjoy the tremendous dinner party.

The waiters brought a starter: a light soup to each table.

"Wow, this looks amazing." l told Ken.

He looked at me in a very wierd way trying to express sshhhh!! you are embarrassing me.

"Well l love how flavorful this soup is with all the fresh herbs and vegetables in it."
later on....
The Entree: A sauteed chicken breast on a bed
of rice with sauce, garlic green beans, fresh radish rosette.

l turned to my Ken and said "l can't think of anything I like better than fried chicken, can you?"

"hehe no,  l hope you are enjoying the free meal. We do this gathering twice per year to just celebrate progress of the company.

Finnally the dessert: Chocolate mousse with raspberry coulis and whipped cream.

I’ll admit I have a sweet tooth because I can never say no to cakes, pastries and ice cream.

Each table had couple of wines, Ken gave me one glass of wine although I don't like wine I had to take it so that I could not embarrass him. After the first glass it was tasteless but good. I (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤and wanted more. l could feel a little bit of lightheadedness but l just didn't want to stop. Ken noticed and he knew it's a minute of time before l embarrass him so he claimed to take me home.

Ken called for an Uber ride. I was embarrassed I didn't know what to tell him.