T.W.Σ.N.T.Y N.I.N.Σ

⤷Soda's P.O.V  

     Steve stayed a night at our place, I gave him some clothes to borrow. But the next day we stopped at his to grab some of his stuff.

     The police blocked off a couple spots, including his mom's room. Steve rushed so we didn't have to be there long, and just grabbed a bag then filled it with random things. The ride back was so quiet, I could've sworn a graveyard was louder.  

    The gang didn't come around for a few days, just to give Steve some time to work through things. His third night, it was super hot. 

     I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling sweaty and thirsty. So I walked downstairs and into the kitchen for some water. On my way back, I heard a small snore, and lying on the couch was Steve who seemed to kick all the covers off him. Most likely due to the heat. 

     And he was shirtless. 

     Oh my god. He has the most amazing body. 

     So stupid me, decided to get a closer look. I walked up to him, laying on his back, one arm hanging over the couch, the other on his stomach. It took everything in me to not touch his messy hair or hop right on his-

     "Like what you see?" His croaky voice echoing in the silence, shocked me. I felt my cheeks get red and a little embarrassment creep up. 

     "I thought you were asleep." I spoke quietly, a little fear of waking the rest of the house. 

     "I was," His head turned and eyes opened very slightly. "Those stairs are very creaky." 

     "Sorry I'll g-"

    "Don't." He cut me off "Stay with me? Please." I had never heard him beg like that. 

     Without more words he shifted over as far as he could, and I laid next to him. 

     His arm wrapped around my waist strongly, he held me tight. It felt right. His eyes looked at the ceiling, while I looked at him. 

     "What are we?" I guess the question was enough for him to look at me. I felt my ears heat up, but it wasn't noticeable in the dark. 

     "I don't know Sodapop." I was hoping he wouldn't say that. "I mean, we kissed. A few times. And don't get me wrong, it was good. I-I just don't r-really know.."

     "I love you too." Ah shit.

     "Really?" Even in the dark I could see the happiness on his face and it almost made me cry. You didn't get to see Steve Randle happy that often.

     "But now that we've said that, I need to know. Are we a couple?"

     Without any warning or hesitation he got up from the couch, moving to stand in front of me. I sat up watching in pure curiosity. And then he got down on one knee.

     "Sodapop Patrick Curtis, I have a crush on you." I felt my entire face turned red and it was clear his was too, well clear in the dark. "So, will you be my boyfriend?"

     All I could do was laugh, he was the CUTEST.

     "Yes you dork. Yes I will be your boyfriend."

     His lips came straight onto mine, hands wrapping around my head and neck. I pulled him back onto the couch with me and I held him.

     My boyfriend.

     MINE.

     Hehe, Steve Randles my boyfriend

⤷562