One

Flash forward 4 months

"Forgive me father, for I have sinned," I started. My thoughts were the only noise in the silent wooden booth. 

"I killed someone today," I admitted. The deafening silence left me fighting with the true evil, the utter truth. 

"The sinister truth is, a part of me feels... relieved," I spoke quietly. I felt my nails curl into the palm of my hand creating a stinging sensation. 

I stood up and walked out of the empty booth. On my way out of the abandoned church, I caught my passing reflection in an old broken mirror. My clothes were stained red, my eyes were erratic. Who am I? 

Present - March 1st, 2020. 

"Hmm, Allie? Or maybe Aria?" I blurted out random name ideas. "How come all of your ideas sound like your name?" Elena laughed, hitting my shoulder softly. "We don't even know if it's a girl or not." Elena stated, giving me hopeful eyes.

"We don't know that it's not," Another voice filled my room. My brother walked in with a smile on his face. He made his way over to Elena and kissed her on the top of her head.

"When do you guys find out the gender?" I asked, propping myself up on my bed. "We could have found out last week but Elena is too nervous," Ryan gave her wide eyes, and she sighed. "Of course I'm nervous!" she yelled, throwing her head back.

"You're going tomorrow, no if, and, or buts." Ryan tried sounding stern, but his eyes melted once they landed back on her. 

"How about I go to the appointment, the doctor tells me instead of you, and I plan a gender reveal party. Then you guys find out with a bang, and all is right in the world." I offered, and Elena's face lit up. "I dig that," She smiled.

Ryan gave me an unsure face, making me give him the same one, except mine was sarcastic. "Are you sure attention is the best idea right now?" He asked, making me roll my eyes.

"It's been quiet for months. Now is better than ever. Also, it's only going to be our closest friends." I reassured him, and he finally cracked a smile. "Okay, okay." He finally agreed.

"Well, I need to head off to school," I smiled, grabbing my bag. "Have a good day!" Ryan yelled, and I waved in response.

-

Its been three months since we said goodbye to Jordyn, and since I put numerous arrows in Larce and left him for dead. Is he dead though? I never saw them kill him. He could still be out there. I thought to myself. 

You know what, I need to think on the positive side. No one has tried to kill me or any of my friends in three months, we get to find out the gender of the baby tomorrow, and everyone is getting along. All is right in the world. 

I got out of my jeep and made my way into the school building. Spring was in the air, I could almost taste the honeysuckles. 

It was almost warm enough for shorts. I was wearing a plain light pink dress and my white Nikes. I reached the door and took a deep breath. Besides marijuana, I smelled new beginnings.  

I made my way inside and sent a few people a smile. "Good morning," I heard a sweet voice from beside me as soon as I reached my locker.