sixteen

Alex

"I'm genuinely sorry about all of this. I did warn you. This is exactly what  happened  to me seventeen years ago." Luna spoke, I think in a weird sense she was trying to comfort me. You know, birth mom and all. 

"It's not your doing to be apologizing for. I just need help getting a plan together. No one seems to want to help me get him back, it's driving me insane." I said honestly, resting my head on my hand.

"In all honesty, they're probably scared of what will happen if they do. Especially Hagen and Theo. They know first hand what Crimson is capable of. They know what he will do if someone gets in his way." She said back. 

I get it, no one wants to get themselves killed to save someone else. This is Ethan we're talking about here. I mean damn, I feel like even Grayson doesn't care that much right now. He's been MIA. 

"I'm so scared, Luna. I'm utterly terrified that he's dead, or being turned into a Mortel. Theo thinks I'm not sleeping because I'm constantly searching which is partly true. The other part is, every time I close my eyes, I see him walking away. Or I just imagine him somewhere awful. I can't keep living like this." I admitted, I felt like crying, but I wouldn't dare around her. 

"Alex, you have to be strong. I know exactly what you're going through. You have a chance that I didn't, you can save him. I know you can do it." She responded sternly, making me look up at her. 

"I'm doing my best," I responded tiredly. "How bout you do yourself a favor and go home and take a nap. Just for a few hours, when you wake up, maybe you'll see things differently. Gather new intel, step back and look at things from a different light when you're refreshed." She spoke as I stood up.

"You sound so maternal, it's kind of weird." I laughed a little, and so did she. "Well, to be fair I did give birth to you," She shrugged as she opened her door for me. 

"Call if you need anything." She said before I walked out of her study. 

-

I did as Luna said. I went home and fell into my mattress. I overslept a little past what I wanted to, but it did clear my mind some. 

I think I need to talk to Grayson about all of this, see what he thinks. I'm not even sure if he's home or not.  

I rubbed my face a little and fixed my PJs so they weren't so revealing. I walked down the hall and went to knock on his door, but it opened as soon as I reached it. The person that was standing before me made my entire mouth fall open.

Caroline was standing in Grayson's door frame rushing to put her shirt on. We made direct eye contact, then a smile appeared on her face. 

"Fancy seeing you here," she smiled sarcastically. "Who are you talking to?" I heard Grayson's voice emerging from the dark room also. When he saw me I saw instant regret on his face. More of frustration that I was seeing her in front of me, but still.

I know I had a look of disgust on my face. There was no denying it. "Excuse me," She said in her regular bitchy tone. "You're excused," I retorted, giving her the slightest bit of room to leave. 

"You forgot this," Grayson spoke quietly, tossing her a bright pink scrunchie. I felt like I was going to throw up. 

"Are you forgetting your dignity?" I retorted again, rolling my eyes. "I thought you left?" Grayson spoke randomly, trying to change the subject.