New Addition

Alex

I opened the front door of the mansion slowly to see it completely trashed. They must have stormed in here looking for Theo. I wasn't here to stop them. 

I kicked around shards of broken glass before I thought of Ryan, Elena, and Paisley. I ripped my phone from my pocket and dialed his number.

"Hello?" Ryan answered, but he sounded different. "Are you- are you okay? Something happened at the house and I can't find Paisley or Elena-" I rambled anxiously before he cut me off.

"I'm at the hospital," He responded causing the panic to grow more. "God, what happened?" I asked quickly. "Elena had the baby," He responded with pure joy in his voice, causing my brain to stop working.

"What? Why didn't you call me?" I asked quietly, even though today wouldn't be the day I could have dropped everything. 

I felt my eyes welling up again at the thought of Theo not being able to see the baby. "I knew you had a lot going on as usual, but Elena can't want for you to see him." He said back to me.

"Alex, is everything okay?" He asked me after my silence filled the phone instead of my voice. "I'll grab a shower and be up there." I said quickly before I hung up the phone.

My body stood frozen in the middle of this broken home. I saw Hazel walking around the corner with a red face puffy eyes. I looked at her with pure sorrow in my eyes. 

She froze in place and I saw her breathing start becoming unsteady. I walked over to her quickly and engulfed her in my arms.

"I'm so sorry," I began to apologize through our cries. She was sobbing into my shoulder causing me to hug her tighter. 

No matter how close Theo and I were, that was like her brother. They've been fighting and training side by side way before I entered the picture. 

She pulled away and looked at me with tears covering her face. "Thank you," She said suddenly, causing me to shake my head. "For what?" I asked her. 

"For killing him." She answered, referring to Larce. I took a deep breath in and looked away from her. I shouldn't be thanked for being a killer.

"We have to get to the hospital. Elena had the baby." I changed the subject before I jogged upstairs to get cleaned up. 

I entered the hospital, trying to stay composed as possible as I walked to the room Elena was in. I finally got to the door and peeked inside through the glass square.

I saw them smiling at one another as they looked down at the brand new baby boy in her arms. I slowly creaked the door open causing Elena's smile to grow wider.

"Alex!" She half screamed with joy. "Hi El," I smiled back at her as I headed straight for the bed. Paisley was patiently watching in aw of the baby from the waiting chair.

"What's wrong?" Ryan asked me as he stared at me. That question just calls for the tear dam in my head to break open. 

I held the tears back and simply smiled and shook my head as to say nothing. "You can talk to us," Elena insisted but I shook my head again.