seventeen

Alex

Warning: This chapter may be a little violent, enjoy reading. 

I woke up in my old bed, my old room, my old home. It feels so odd to be walking down these old, creaky wooden stairs, opposed to the ones at the mansion. 

I have to admit, it brings back so much nostalgia. Being here reminds me of Brynn, Ryan, my mom and I. We all used to be so happy. How did life get this complicated?

I heard a loud banging noise at the door making me jump as I reached the bottom of the stairs. "Open the damn door, Alexandra!" I heard a deep voice yell.

"Go to hell Theo," I yelled back to him, as I walked into my kitchen to get some coffee. This is a new record for him, it's only 8 A.M. and he's badgering me. Too bad I don't want to hear whatever he has to say. I'm not going back. 

Earlier - Grayson

"So are we just going to let her run off on her own?" I asked Theo the next morning. I woke up and Alex wasn't here. I thought her tantrum would blow over, but it didn't. 

"Maybe if you didn't sleep with a girl she has literally declared her arch-enemy she wouldn't have been so pissed off." Theo sassed back making me turn around angrily.

"Don't put this all on me. Maybe if you would stop hovering over her for five seconds she wouldn't have felt the need to have extra space," I retorted, stepping closer to him. 

"You know, Ethan has been gone for all of five seconds you can try to keep it in your pants at least until his room is cleared out," I spoke again. What I said made a vein in his head seemingly pulse.

"Enough you two. Take the masculinity and throw it elsewhere. You're both in the wrong, period. Just bring her back so she doesn't get herself killed." Jackson yelled at both of us and pulled me backward by my shoulder.

"Gosh you two are pansies," He scolded, rolling his eyes at us. "Where are you going?" I asked. If he's going to yell at us he can at least help us.

"I have a meeting with one of my teachers. You know, some of us still want to graduate." He smiled sarcastically at me before walking out. 

"You just gonna stare at me all day? Let's go." I shook my head at Theo impatiently as we walked out of the front door.

-

"Who would have thought, you and I," Theo joked, making me roll my eyes. "You don't have to talk," I responded, annoyed. "Just don't piss her off," Theo reminded as we reached her front steps. "That's my specialty," I whispered, running my hand through my hair. 

"Open the damn door, Alexandra!" Theo's voice shouted, making me furrow my brows. So much for subtle. 

-

Ethan

"So that's the plan," Crimson spoke, but I felt like I couldn't hear him. "Let me get this straight, you want to kill him just because he knows little secrets? Because Alex cares about him?" I asked to clarify his stupidity. 

"Larce's call, not mine." He reminded. "I guess you did let him kill your brother, so this should be a piece of cake huh?" I spoke sarcastically. I felt his fist connect to my face, sending my head to the side. I brought my hand up to my jaw and clenched my eyes shut.