seven

Alex

I was practically rushing to leave this morning, I felt like I had a million things to do. School was back today, we had a few teacher workdays this week.

"Good morning," I smiled at Ryan and Elena who were sipping on their coffee. Paisley looked half asleep as she propped her face up with her hands. She insists to be up with the adults, even if she falls asleep at breakfast.

"I have to get going, love you guys, see you this afternoon." I spoke quickly. I gave paisley a swift kiss on the head before grabbing my bag and heading towards the front door.

"I need a ride this morning," Grayson spoke deeply as he jogged down the stairs. I quietly cursed under my breath before turning around.

"If you aren't in the car in two minutes I'm leaving your ass here." I responded before walking out of the front door.

The only reason he needs a ride is because Ethan was placed on bed arrest by me so he can rest up. He was hurt really bad, he doesn't need the pain of high school on top of it.

Grayson hopped in the passenger seat and gave me a weird look. "Are you going to drive or sit here and stare at me all day?" he asked sarcastically causing me to roll my eyes.

-

We walked into school, it seemed like not many people were here today. Maybe they were taking an extra day off, I should've too.

Grayson parted ways with me as I walked to my locker. I loaded stuff in there and took a few books out as I do every day.

I looked around at the high school I've gone to for four years now. Despite all the drugs, fights, and well, shootings, this place hasn't been all that bad. I've made good memories here. This is kind of the last place I'll be before the real world takes over.

I looked over and Grayson caught my eye. He was having a heated argument with a teacher, our math teacher to be specific.

As soon as our teacher walked away I walked over to him. "Hey, what was that about?" I asked calmly. He had a vein popping out of his neck, I could see the anger radiating from him.

"Don't worry about it," He raised his voice before trying to walk away. I got angry myself. I grabbed his arm making him whirl around quickly, facing me again.

"Stop pushing me away," I said finally. For a second I thought I saw his eyes soften. Then his face turned serious again, more cold. "You can't push someone away if they're already out of your reach." He responded, his brown eyes were swirling with hurt. He ripped his arm away from me and began walking away. "Gray-" I started, but he kept walking.

-

Crimson's pov

"How did everything go?" He asked as I walked through the door. "As expected. He said no, I hurt him, then Alex came to his rescue. Oh and his beefy look alike." I responded, taking a seat in the open room.

"Threatening her didn't work though," I added. "I knew it wouldn't work, the same tricks usually only work once." He responded.

"Why do you want him? Why can't we just leave town and that whole group be?" I questioned. Following my question, I heard his glass hit the table hard.