four

"So you're telling me someone left a rose in your locker and you didn't tell me?" I raised my voice at Ethan after he spilled the beans on his little rose and love note he was sent.

I called a family, slash house meeting downstairs to try and figure out what's going on. There's so much withheld information and lies flowing I can't even keep my self afloat. 

"I was rushing that day, I wasn't really worried about a damn flower." Ethan argued. I rolled my eyes and let out a deep breath. I started out this hour-long meeting explaining the whole mother thing to Ryan and the others. Ryan didn't look surprised.

"Look we're wasting time. All this has already been done, so stop arguing like two-year-olds and lets put together actual ideas." My brother ordered. Ethan and I looked at each other and nodded reluctantly.

"I got a rose last year, that was one of the signs that the mortels were in town," I brought up and everyone nodded.

"But what do they want with Ethan, is the question," Theo spoke, his facial expression signaled that he was deep in thought. What would they want with Ethan? Also, how do we know for sure that Larce is still alive? 

I grabbed my keys and walked towards the front door. "Where are you going?" Ryan asked standing up. "I'm going to see the last person who saw Larce alive," I fake smiled. "I have a few questions for my dear mother." I added, before walking out of the door. 

-

"It's been a while, Alexandra." Des chirped as I walked into her study area. "Yeah, it's been a quiet three months." I nodded.

"What did you want to meet with me about?" She asked, offering me a seat in front of her. "Well, my boyfriend has been getting subtle messages. Mortel like messages, Larce-like to be specific." I responded. I saw her face turn a little, then she looked to the side at something. 

Des - three months ago

"She will never forgive you for that, hopefully, your death will bring her peace," I spoke through my teeth as I looked down at a man I have long despised. 

"You know, he would hate you now." He responded humorously. Larce still has arrows piercing a few places in his body yet he has the energy to joke. 

"He only liked you because you had a light burning in you. Now, look at you, murdering your lover's brother." He smirked. 

"He's dead, it doesn't matter now. All that matters is not letting his death be in vain." I fired back. I looked at my men surrounding me. "Does anyone ever die in this family?" He laughed dryly, making me furrow my brows. "Finish it," I ordered.

Just as I turned to walk out of the warehouse hearing Larce's yells, my phone began to ring. "Luna?" A familiar warm voice spoke on the other end of the line catching me off guard. I halted in my tracks immediately. "Alexander?" I asked quickly, my voice barely intact. 

There's no way I'm hearing the voice of my dead lover. I have to be dreaming. I felt warm tears flood my eyes, that's something that hasn't happened in a long time.

There was no response on the other end of the phone. The line cut out and I was left standing there with what could have been a hallucination of his voice. I turned around and rushed back into the warehouse. My guys that had the task of killing larce were dead on the floor, and Larce was nowhere to be seen. Just a puddle of his blood remained.