Chapter 6

"What do you want for dinner, Deku?" Kacchan asked me as we neared the dormitory, his eyes glued to his feet as they usually were. "The same as usual?"

"Hm, yes. That'll do," I told him offhandedly, my thoughts distracting me and leaving my mind blank to everything but the events of only twenty minutes previous.

A note had been left in side my left boot and I wanted to read it as soon as I got to the safety of my room. Hatsume had been on the list but of course I was still suspicious. Tomura pulled a lot of shifty stuff on me before, not to mention everyone else in The League.

Then I remembered that Monoma was also a villain and that I'd have to deal with his jerk face.

"Come tell me when dinner is done, Kacchan," I ordered to him before we walked into the dormitory. He curtly nodded and rushed to take his things to his room after giving a sad excuse for greeting to Kirishima.

To be honest, having a room on the second floor was amazing and had many perks. Less traveling from there to the ground meant less time taken up and less room for being caught or doing something stupid. It also meant I could hear most people coming and going. My only complaint was that Mineta stayed in the room next to mine, and the walls were thin.

I swiftly enclosed myself in my room and pulled out the note and my notebook. With the stealthiness of any child from the age of seven, I propped my notebook up so that it covered the single piece of paper I was most interested about. 

I unfolded the paper to present a blank sheet. I then flipped it over and noticed the lines of a poem, typed and pushed to the center of the page. 

Hush hush

Don't show fear
I know what 
You're searching for, dear

Tossed aside
An artist's bad work

You need to prove yourself

And I can help

I always hated poetry. Poems always had extra unneeded lines, a waste of time, on both the creator and reader's parts. At least this poem was short, and I didn't have to scan thirty line to find a message they could've given to me flat out. 

 Knock. Knock. Knock.  Three swift knocks erupted from my door. 

"Come in, Kacchan," I called out to him.  

"Your food is ready," he told me after he shut the door behind himself. 

"Good." I stretched a bit, closed my notebook, and set it under my pillow as I stood. "Last time took way too long."

Kacchan opened the door for me and followed silently behind. A few paces into my quest for food though, Kacchan decided to open his mouth. "Uh, Deku." He cleared his throat and spoke up. "Do you think that maybe I could take a break. My mom is getting worried about me and that would be bad for you."

"Figure it out, Kacchan. Make it seem like you're fine." I sighed and face palmed. "It's not that difficult."

"Oh, right."

"By the way, Kacchan. I need you to talk to some idiots. Ashido and Kaminari. They're supposed to be 'friends' with you, so maybe they'll open up to you easier."

"What exactly do you need to do?" He shifted from left to right on his feet, his chin nearly touching his chest as he refused to look at me. I made a mental note that I was going to have to talk to him about eye contact at some point. 

"Y'know the Email we got the other day? The one from The League? Their names were listed when it talked about who was connected to them. I want you to talk to them about that."

"What do you want me to say?" he asked as we stood just out of sight and hearing range of the others. 

"Like I said earlier, figure it out." With the final statement, I descended the stairs to be greeted by my classmates. 

<><><>

679 words

The poem is all fucked up because Wattpad is pulling a stupid. Kept changing it, only for it to revert back to whatever Satanic writing that is.