Chapter 18

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Fuuuuuuuccck.

I rolled over onto my stomach and sat there for a moment to think. 

Could I play the situation off as a villain attack? Probably, especially if they were in The League. I could frame someone like Kurogiri and Dabi or make up one. It would be even better if I could make them believe that Yaoyorozu was the villain. If they were to call me wrong, I could bring up the idea of a person with a transformation quirk like Toga making them self look like Yaoyorozu. Then I could throw Toga under the bus and make them think that she had committed all of the killings. 

I wouldn't have to deal with Yaoyorozu though, if she were dead. Unfortunately, it was far too late for that. One of the pros or someone from class had probably already found her. They would definitely ask what the hell went down and she'd tell them. If she were to die by murder or some other suspicious means, I doubted that anyone would believe me at that point.

At first I thought my best shot would've been to bang myself up a little more. Make it look like there might have been some fighting going on if I ended up having to frame some villain, existent or otherwise.

As I stood, I thought if all the ways I could severely injure myself. Scale the wall until I felt like dropping and jump. Use One for All to thrust myself into a wall. Snap a bone against the concrete. Not much for me to do with the simplicity of my resources, but one way or another, I was going to make it work.

Then I took the damage I had dealt on Yaoyorozu into consideration. Barely anything. She might've had a few scrapes and bruises, along with being a little crispy, but that was it. No broken bones or pepper spray on her skin. It would look odd if Yaoyorozu got away with few injuries while I appeared to have had the shit beat out if me.

It began to look like the decision was going to become more difficult than I had thought it to be. If I told them Yaoyorozu had beat me, having injuries would only help to prove my statement. However, if I said we were both attacked, they'd wonder why the villains took so much joy out of just beating me. Unless my story made me the hero.

A new idea came to mind. What if the pros found me? 

In a rush, I sent a brief text to Shinso. I hoped that he'd see it and decide to help me the best he could. In the mean time, I clamped my burnt hands around my throat and waited.

<><><>

"Young Midoriya!" I felt a palm as large as my face lightly tap my cheek. "Young Midoriya, wake up!"

"Huh?"

"He's awake!" All Might called out to what I guessed were other pros.

"Lovely!" One of them replied, sounding none too pleased. "Because he has a lot of explaining to do!"

"No need to be angry yet! We still don't know exactly what happened yet."

You tell 'em All Might.

All Might then picked me up as if I were a baby (though hesitant with my legs) and my body became weightless. 

"We should really out him in handcuffs," the one who'd spoken out previously commented from behind my head.

"His hands look kinda burnt. And swollen," another said from the opposite direction. "I don't know it that's the best idea. Besides, he's not getting anywhere on that leg."

"Did you not see him in the Sports Festival? I don't think he cares about pain."

"He broke a few fingers, so what? Right now we're talking about the entirety of his leg."

"Whatever. Don't we usually put villains in handcuffs regardless of status? Because they're too dangerous and could get away."

"We still don't know what's going on," All Might reminded them both. "Besides, he's just a kid."

The two other heroes silenced. At the time I kinda wished they would've continued to argue. They're annoying voices were the only thing keeping me from boredom and the thought of my crispy leg.

A while into the agonizing abyss of boredom (possibly my real life purgatory), a pair of footsteps came speeding in our direction. As they got closer, they slowed to match the general pace.

"We couldn't find her anywhere," one of the two newcomers said. "We searched high and low, inside and out with everything we have. We tried heat vision goggles, echo location, searched the entire damn place by touch alone, and still, nothing."

"Do you think she's the one that's been pulling all of this stuff?" The person by my feet asked. "Committing all of those crimes?"

"Let's just hope that it wasn't any of them," the other newcomer said with an exhausted sigh. "If we couldn't find them sooner here, imagine how many other villains there could be in other schools."

"We can only hope," All Might whispered, so quietly, I questioned if I'd actually heard it.

<><><>

856 words

Well, better three days late than never I guess.