Chapter 7

Dinner was okay, except for the fact that somebody was staring at me, and no matter how many times I turned to look at whoever the hell it was, there wasn't anyone fucking looking at me. My main suspects were Uraraka, Bakugo, and Hagakure. Penalty for being one of my suspects is death but I didn't kill them at that particular moment.

Despite that, I did manage to pick up on some of the conversations around me. Ashido claimed that she was going to dye her hair neon orange, purely to spite Hatsume (don't worry, Tsu and Aoyama talked her out of it). On the note of dying hair, Kirishima's black roots were beginning to show. Yaoyorozu was finally considering advice from Jirō on the topic of her hero suit. Sato listened intently as Iida explained his family's various cake recipes with overly enthusiastic hand gestures. Ojiro and Koda seemed to be having a decent conversation about Platypi. A pretty normal night to sum it up.

Then Kaminari pulled out an apple, a knife, and sewing supplies, and I personally didn't want to be at the table any more. Thankfully I was not the only sane person there, and the chairs were emptied within a few seconds.

As all of my peers departed, I noticed Ashido walking up the stairs, followed by a dejected Bakugo, who peered back at me with the look of someone who's been told they have only minutes left to live. In an attempt to cheer him up and bestow motivation upon his withering soul, I gave him a cheerful smile. Though from his reaction, I knew I had failed terribly and given him a menace. Oopsies.

<><><>

"Good morning, Kacchan," I called out to the blond. "Nice to see you here. Oh, you've brought friends!"

"Wow, Kacchan, he really has you wrapped around his finger," Ashido said to him, letting out a quiet cackle as Kacchan attempted to stand and leave.

"Kacchan, are you really going to let a simple comment make you upset?" I asked him in a teasing tone as I placed a hand on his shoulder. "Sit your ass back down."

He violently nodded and dropped back into the chair.

"So, Deku, what do you want with us?" Ashido asked, her hands clasped under her chin.

"After being thrown out by The League, I thought it be best we get at least a bit more fun out of them."

"Revenge? You don't really seem like the type to be into that, but okay. What do we get out of it?"

"We'll sort that out later, right now though, tell me about yourselves."

"Listen Deku, this isn't preschool. You're not going to get any more information on us than you already have. You're lucky your hero notes haven't 'gone missing' yet."

"Aw, what did my hero notes do to get pulled into this?" I asked, pouting. "I'd like for you to know that I make everyone seem a lot better in there than they actually are. Thought you're one of the genuine ones."

"Oh, are you trying to flatter me now? It's cute, but you're not my type."

"Did I forget to mention that I drew you to be as ugly as you are in reality. You should see it and take some of the advice Uraraka keeps giving you."

"Wow, Deku, so rude."

"At least my personality is genuine."

"Hmm. You got me there. Call for Kaminari if you need me." She snapped her fingers, grabbing the attention of Kaminari, then Kacchan and I watched as the two left.

"Deku?" Kacchan asked hesitantly.

"Yes?"

"Don't you think it was a bit risky to say those things to her?"

"I've been observing her long enough to know what to do. She has a need to be different from those around her. Though once she's seen in one personality around someone, she can't change it while they're around."

"So she thought you would act as you usually do, made herself seem like the top dog, and couldn't back down once you returned fire?"

"Precisely. You're getting good at this Kacchan."

"Thank you."

<><><>

687 words.

Yay!