Chapter 17

"Damn it's been a long time since I was last pepper sprayed," I said, my eyes slamming shut as tears descended down my cheeks. A few memories relayed in my mind, memories I though I'd buried. "Oh shit, some got in my mouth."

My eyelids started blinking rapidly. The action had helped me when I was four through six, and it did then as well. Despite being mostly blind, I could still see the outline of a body, Yaoyorozu's body. 

Just as she was about to turn the corner and be on her merry way to freedom, I lunged after her body and we both went tumbling to the ground. Wrestling her at any other given time would've been easier, but I could barely breath, and my eyes felt like they were boiling inside of my skull. The odds were ever in Yaoyorozu's favor, and just barely out of my reach, as the girl had freed one of her hands enough to keep spraying me. A lucky girl, she was, considering that the solution was hitting me, even though there was no way she could aim, having her face smashed in the concrete.  

Oddly, she felt a dire need to continuously spray the stupid stuff at the same exact place (my face) although she wouldn't have been able to tell it was hitting me. She wouldn't be any more though, I turned my head so the pepper spray would hit the back of my head, instead of my previously assaulted face. The solution was then getting in my hair, it may have hurt much more in my eyes, but then it felt as if my entire head had caught a spark.

"Damn," I exhaled (it came out as more of a wheeze though), grinding my teeth as I began lowering a hand in the direction of which the pepper spray was expelling from. As I was reaching for it, my lungs erupted into a dry cough that left me gasping.

I curled my fingers my trembling fingers around the bottle and pulled it from her grasp. It was simple (too simple actually) considering anyone would have had a death grip on their last resort. At the time, I wasn't particularly concerned about it and just tossed the spray bottle away. 

I'd figured she'd have some sort of plan, but she only started panicking. Yaoyorozu began to struggle, lifting random parts of her body, wiggling around like a small child being tickled, and looking quite similar to a fish out of water. 

"Stop," I meant to say, due to the pepper spray however, nothing came out. I tried again but only a croak escaped my throat.

She carried on a while longer than what I would have expected before all of the fight in her seemed to die out. Of course I had experience, and didn't let up on her (a mistake I made the first time). Staying where I was and getting up would have been bad decisions in that case though. 

As I relaxed and after the adrenaline in my veins finally started to slow, I became aware of a burning sensation in my knee. Figuring it was just the pepper spray, I left it be, until the pain began spreading up my thigh and down my calf. Looking down at my leg, I saw a decently sized flame swiftly taking over my leg. 

The flames awakened a type of panic in me I'd felt many times, years before hand. Flames could only destroy, and they were faster than what I liked in some cases. Without thinking about Yaoyorozu, I rolled away in a dire attempt to put out the fire on my leg. However I did manage to catch a glimpse of the girl beating out a flame of her own on her sleeve before rolling around in a frenzy. 

I rolled there for what felt like hours of torture before noticing that my victim was gone. 

<><><>

659 words

Me: *partially bullshitting my way through this entire book*

My lovely readers: moRE