Answers

Chapter 8- Answers

Clary POV

Refreshed, I walk out of the nurse's office, a signed note in my hand. As I turn to quietly close the door behind me, I hear a shuffle of feet and look up to see Jace.

"Hi," I say, looking down at my feet.

"I need to speak with you," Jace states, walking around the corner and out through the main entrance to the school, not looking behind him to see if I was following- which of course I was. He comes to a complete stop between two rows of magnificent trees and beautiful flowers, hiding us from any other students.

I stuff my note into the back pocket of my jeans, and look up to see Jace watching me, his swirling golden eyes filled with worry and concern.

"What's wrong?" I ask, taking a slight step back, not wanting to be the person that that type of gaze was aimed at.

"What's your full name?" He asks, closing the gap between us.

"I don't see how that-" I begin, but I know that the worried look Jace has does not belong on such a perfect angelic face.

I sigh in defeat, "Clarissa Adele Fray."

Jace's look of worry morphs into a face of confusion, it obviously wasn't the answer he was looking for.

"What do you know of the shadow world?" He demands taking another step towards me.

"The what?" I ask, completely unsure of what he was talking about.

"I'll take that as a 'nothing' then," he sighs, looking at the trees and flowers as if they held the answers he wished to find.

"Now you've asked your questions, I have one for you," I state, breathing deeply to keep my voice steady. Jace raises an eyebrow. I've never been able to do that, I think jealously. Focus Clary, I scold myself. "Sebastian. I know you saw him."

Shrugging, Jace turns to walk back to the school building. "That's not a question."

"Alright then, did you see my brother Sebastian, and if so, why could nobody else?" I ask, unable to figure out the answer myself.

"You said you were going to ask me one question. I believe you just asked two," he replies cockily.

"Just answer them," I tell him, rolling my eyes.

"Alright. But not here, and not now," he says pulling a piece of paper and out of his pocket and hands it to me. "I'll see you later," he says confidently, leaving me confused as his strolls away from me.

I open the note to see a number, and below it:

Clary,

Meet me at Taki's tonight after school at 6; I will be prepared to give you answers, as long as you are willing to give me some. If you don't know where Taki's is, just ring the number above and I'll tell you.

See you later,
Jace.

I smile to myself knowing that Jace had set up this whole conversation so that I would meet him at Taki's. But I didn't care. After sixteen years, I was finally going to get some answers.

A/N

Sorry that this chapters really short (well by my usual writing standards) and that I'm a little bit late (just a tad) it's just because I'm ill and I was doing shows all of yesterday. But, because of my inexcusable lateness I will do a double posting tonight.

Anyway, for now I'm signing out.