Eighteen

"Alyyyyyyy, penge paaaaaa." Hindi ko alam kung naintindihan ba niya ang sinabi ko, dahil sa'kin malinaw pa ang mga salitang binibitiwan ko.

My sight is hazy, and my words somehow felt like their we're bathe in oil whenever they spew out of my mouth. Because they seem to go out in rapid succession and without my permission. Is this what being drunk is?

Aly shoved my glass back to my face and shook her head in a firm disapproval. "Tama na, lasing ka na."

I think, I've been drunk since our second glass of Johnny. But Aly, I believe she's got an iron liver. Because I'm here with the walls skewing while she's beside me looking fine and dandy.

"Sabi mo. . ." hiccup, "iinom tayo." I whined and pouted before I pushed my glass to her chest. Or tried, because I'm sure I miss the mark making the glass tumble to the ground and the next I heard was a loud shatter of the material.

"Oops." I said with a laugh.

Maybe, I should get drunk more often. Sarap pala sa pakiramdam.

I saw Aly sigh and disappear, only to come back with a broom and a dustpan on hand. She was shaking her head and murmuring things I can't hear or am I just to intoxicated to understand things. I chuckle while I watch her try to clean the area, good thing she's domesticated enough to know how to use those things.

I sagged deeper to the floor and shifted my resting back against the couch. Hmmmm, I've never realized the tiles to be this comfy.

"You're a traitor, Torie Maylalaine Gosingtian." I slurred, pointing one accusing finger at her.

She looked at me shocked at first before she again jerked her head from side to side, "Sino kayang traitor sa ating dalawa? Is it me who broke a promise not to see Bryce again?"

I laughed, I don't why. But I feel like laughing. "Hindi, ako. So, that makes us both apostates."

"Ano namang ginawa ko?"

"You never told me drinking feels so good. . . felt so right. I think you've been holding out on me on the good things in life."

"Well, this is the last time you're getting drunk. Matigas na ang ulo mo kapag matino ka, mas matigas pa ang ulo kapag lasing ka."

I shake my head before letting it fall on the sofa behind me. "Ang sakit, Aly. Para akong sinagasaan ng pison, ramdam ko sa lahat ng parte ng katawan ko ang sakit."

Good thing, Aly's here. She's been helping me nurse my poor, injured heart for three days, since she got back from her trip overseas.

It's been a week. A week after my grand and unplanned confession to the man I've loved with all my heart beside my dad. It was going so well, though he didn't say it directly, I knew. I frigging knew, that he liked me too. Not on the same level as mine, but regardless. Even if it's just a sliver, I will grab it tight and won't let go, as if it's the only means I'll be able to stay alive.

But all my hopes, my wished of him returning the same feelings to me got broken. Got decimated into tiny, million pieces that it's impossible to paste and tape it all back.

"I can't, Ruby. We can't. It's not right. You're amazing. Too amazing for me, to be honest. I just got rejected by a woman I love and it's not right to jump into a relationship with you. I need to sort things on my own. Hindi kita gagawing rebound. You're too precious to me. I don't want to ruin you."

God, even when he's outright casting away my admission of love, he still sounds too perfect, too good, too kind. That it also hurts him to say those words to my face.