Thirty Seven

"What if we move the coffee table to the further side of the room so we can fit my doll house here." I said, stomping feet beside the cabinet that holds the T.V. in place.

Bryce was by the kitchen, tidying up the place. Naayos na niya 'yong sirang gripo. Nalinis na rin niya ang mga kalat. He arrived early, like super early. Alas-sais ng umaga kumakatok na siya. After I let him in, pinilit niya akong matulog muna ulit, which I strangely did.

It's been months since I have decent sleep. It's probably because of the safety I feel with his presence that urged me to rest. Hindi ko nga rin naramdaman ang mga pinag-gagawa niya habang mahimbing ang tulog ko sa sofa. Basta, nagising ako ng humahaplos siya sa ulunan ko para sabihing kailangan ko ng mag-agahan.

"You decide, hon. I'm good wherever you want to put it." He says.

I stared at him. The warmth flooding my system like crashing waves of a turbulent ocean. A part of me still can't believe that the man I've been pining for for years, is finally here, in front of me, and vowed and promised to love me for all that he is.

"You're staring." He mused. There's a twinkle in his eyes coupled by that gorgeous, boyish smile.

"That's the second time."

"Second time of what?"

"You've called me that."

His face shed the loving he has and morphed to that of concern. He stepped out of the kitchen, seeking for me in the living room. When I'm in his reach, he placed both palms on my arms, rubbing it in a up and down motion.

He bent his frame, catching my eyes with his in the process. "You don't like it?"

Trapping my bottom lip, I shook my head. "It's not that. I'm just curious why you call me that."

His smile reappeared and there goes my heart. Singing, dancing to the perfect tune of our feelings for each other. He clipped my hair behind my ear, looking at me earnestly, as if he's baring his soul again to me.

"Because loving you and being loved by you is the sweetest feeling I know."

Poof. I melted. In a pink shade of puddle on his feet. There was pooling of heat on my cheeks, making him chuckle in return.

"Most beautiful, too." He murmured.

Our eyes locked. His black-brown eyes gazing, boring into mine. Without words, I read everything he's yet to unravel in his irises, like they're a portal to his thoughts, his feelings, his emotions, his mind. And I loosened the grip on my walls one last time, making them splinter and shatter away. I've chosen to break my heart just so I can fix his. In turn, he mended my bruise, fragmented self.

And it's the best thing in the world.

The most perfect feeling in the universe.

"I'm going to kiss you." He suddenly said. "Like right now."

Before I can even giggle a reply, he has captured my mouth with his own. I shutter my eyes close, concentrating as his lips moved in-sync with mine. He found my nape, his other hand raking on my hair.

I slid my palms on his body, from his chest to his shoulders. He groaned down my throat, I moaned in return. Not getting enough of the contact, I fisted his shirt and pulled him even closer, needing his skin on mine. I felt him grinning.

"Make out it is then." He laughed.

I yelped when he suddenly lifted me in the air. My arms encircling his neck, my legs snaking his waist. He sat by the couch with me stradling him. I rested my forehead on his, our breaths mixing, our rapid pulse on a race.