Thirty Two

"So, why are we browsing faucets again?" I heard Claus groaning followed by a slap to his chest, probably delivered by Sage.

Like what was planned, we ate lunch and I hurled them into joining me in purchasing a new car. Saka ko naalala na kailangan ko palang bumili ng gripo. That's how we ended up at Wilcon.

"Nasira ko nga 'yong gripo ko sa bahay. Don't ask how."

Claus continued to grumble something under his breath but Sage and I both ignored it. Gusto niya kasing manatili pa sana sa car dealership ng mas matagal dahil nakikipagharutan siya sa isa sa mga agents doon. He was not happy when Sage grabbed him by the collar and dragged him with us.

"You know what kind you're gonna buy?" Sage asked instead.

Taking that as the cue, the salesman started blabbering about materials, types, and other stuffs I know nothing about. Hindi ko nga alam kung ano bang tamang tawag doon sa dating gripo ko. So, I waited until the salesman stopped explaining before I pulled my phone out and showed him the broken faucet.

"I want something the same as this." I told him.

"Ah, marami kaming ganiyang klase, Ma'am. Mayroon po kaming –" And on and on it went. Wala naman akong pake kung alin diyan, basta ang importante may maiiuwi ako.

I looked at Sage with pleading eyes making him chuckle. He pointed at one of the displays, "We'll take one of these." He muttered to the guy, coming to my rescue.

"Sige, Sir. Wait lang po. Kuhaan ko kayo." The attendant supplied before he sashayed away, probably towards the stock room.

"Sinong magkakabit niyang binili mo, lil sis?" Claus suddenly inquired. He still looks bored but there's an inkling of curiosity lurking in his light brown eyes.

"I don't know. I have to asked the guards kung may available bang maintenance guy na mag-se-service today. If not, I have to wait for tomorrow for it to be installed."

"Hmmm. How about your neighbors? Baka pwede kang manghingi ng tulong sa kanila." Sage urged, absentmindedly fumbling through the brochure of showers situated infront of him.

An image of a certain someone sliced through my mind but I was quick to shove it away. I cleared my throat. "I don't want to bother any of them. I can handle this on my own."

"Well, we're not quite sure if you asking for help would bother them. I mean, paano kapag gusto nila talagang tumulong, 'diba?" Claus interjected.

Something about the way they spoke the words rubbed me the wrong way. I drew my brows together.

"And how are you sure that they really intend to help?" I challenged.

Claus smiled at me sheepishly, pocketing both his hands while giving me that good-boy shrug. I turned to look at Sage and he's sporting the same expression. Okay, what don't I know?

"Sage. Claus." I hissed.

They exchanged knowing glances before Sage blew out a breath.

"Lil sis, before we tell you anything else, listen when we say that we won't let him get close to you if we didn't guarantee he's good for you."

"He? Who?" But I know who is it.

"Bryce." Claus answered.

I swiftly whipped my head to face him, I almost stumble on my feet. What are they trying to do?

"Don't tell me you're playing matchmaker?" Or matchmakers for that matter. Before they can even answer, the salesman was back and he's now ushering us towards the cashier.