Thirty Six

We're lounging at the sofa, his back pressed on the arm rest while I'm sandwiched in between his thighs, loving feel of his body next to mine. We talked on and on and on about random and stupid things, we discussed deep and heavy moments, we happily shared every memorable bit of our lives with each other.

If someone will tell my past self that Bryce & I will collide and we'll soon be snuggled like this, I would've hugged that person so hard and prayed to all saints for those words to come true.

"What are you thinking?" He asked, gently, softly. He had placed my palm on top of his and he's been staring at our intertwined hands for more than a minute now.

"That the reality really does beats the fantasy." I admitted.

The vibrations on his chest when he laughed echoed through my body. "I agree with you on that one. I still have this need to be touching you all the time because there's this gnawing feeling telling me that you may disappear again on me."

"You disappeared on me." I retorted, not mad.

He raised my hand with his to plant a kiss at the back of it. "Only because you said so. Pero, hindi ko napanindigan. That's why I'm here."

"Where are you headed, anyway?"

"I don't really know. I just packed and went. Wala naman akong plano. That's why it's no surprise that after a few hours, I found myself inside my car and driving all the way back to you."

I hummed. Damn, it was such a nice thing to hear. Kanina niya pa sinasabi na ako ang natatanging destinasyon niya sa buhay ngunit hindi ko pa rin nahahanap ang sarili kong nagsasawa sa bawat salitang binibitawan niya.

"So, Marco." He drawled. When he felt me tensing, he started massaging my inner wrist until I'm pliant and relaxed against him again. "He's here yesterday."

"Yes. Nakita niya raw ako with Sage and Claus at the mall. Gusto niya lang daw makita if I'm really back."

"Then he left?" I nodded. His tone wasn't accusatory. It was a mere statement of his observation.

I took both of his hands, pulling one over the other so his arms we're securely enveloping me. The steady rhythm of his heart were right against my ear and it's the most beautiful beat I've heard for a very long time.

He sighed his contentment then spoke again. "He gave you flowers."

A small smile danced on my lips. "You gave me your heart."

A deep and masculine rumble of satisfaction stumbled out from his mouth. "And I have yours." I can sense the smile in his voice.

"Don't ever give it back." I whispered.

"I couldn't even if I wanted to."

Silence.

But it wasn't the weird, awkward one. It was lulling, peaceful, settling.

"Did you know that before all of these" I said emphasing the last word with my hands, "I once went to Aya's hospital room."

Surprise got caught in his throat. "Y-yeah? Is it okay that we talk about her?" He stuttered.

I patted his thigh and peered upwards so I could see his face, so he could also observe himself that Aya doesn't have the same effect to me that she did before; that I believe every word he said and will tell; that I have confidence in him and to this blossoming love we're nurturing.

"Of course. You gave me enough reasons not to doubt you."

"You continue to amaze me, Rubs."