Chapter 8

Thea

Thea woke up alone as she did every morning. She was hoping Jamal would come to her when he got home but he didn't, maybe he would the next day. Work must be really hectic at the office.

She slid her feet into her pink, fluffy bathroom slippers then went to Jamal's room. His bed was well made as usual and she couldn't tell if he slept in or not. She checked the bathroom and inhaled the lingering scent of his shower gel. His towel was wet, he had spent the night at home after all.

Thea called her husband as she went to the kitchen. "Hey, baby," she greeted when he answered. "I missed you last night."

"Thea, you were asleep when I came in."

"You should have woken me."

"And stop you from snoring?"

They both laughed and her heart swelled. She was in love with Jamal and his occasional teases never failed to make her glow.

"What are you up to?"

"Fending for my family."

"Thank you, I'll be going to work soon to do the same. I'm thinking I should swing by your office later in the day."

"You're always welcome."

"I'll be seeing you soon then."

"Can't wait."

Thea wanted to spend all day talking to Jamal but he had to get to a meeting. She made herself tea before going to the bathroom. It was still so early but she needed to finish some jewelry she was working on at the office. Hank was going to arrive soon and she wanted to be set before that. Thea took a quick bath in Jamal's bathroom because she wanted his scent all over her.

She wore the new outfit she got at the boutique the other day. If Jamal preferred his women dressing more formally, she would give him exactly that. Her pale pink pants matched her white chiffon top and black stilettos.

She carried her shoulder strap, snakeskin purse and got the car key. Hank wasn't around yet and it was already past six. If she had his number she would have called to ask why he wasn't at work but her husband hadn't thought of sharing his number. If he was thinking of quitting or already did, she needed to know.

Thea left the house and stopped mid stroll as she saw Hank shirtless washing the car. She resumed walking and got his attention.

"Good morning, Thea. You look great today." He dropped the foam in the bucket and cleaned his hands with a rag.

"Morning. You don't have to clean the car by yourself, we go to the car wash for that."

"It's no problem. Give me few minutes to finish up here."

Thea stood aside in her heels and watched as Hank cleaned the car. It was funny that he had no tattoos on his chest or back. He was a bit taller than Jamal and his haircut was so different, it was a flat top cut with fade at the sides. Thea noticed his subtle sex appeal, she was married and not blind and could appreciate a fine specimen when she saw one.

She marveled at how easy it was for men to go shirtless. She hadn't seen her husband shirtless yet and it was something to look forward to. He wasn't as muscular as Hank but he wasn't flabby either, the office building had a little gym he frequented often.

Thea got in the car as soon as Hank set the bucket and foam aside. Hank took her to work and Thea invited him in. He had stayed in the car the day before and she knew how hot the weather could get, so it was better he was inside.