Chapter 22

Thea

Watching two weeks fly by so quickly was extremely discomforting for Thea. She had expected the days to trickle by and just like that a week was gone.

She had spent the week working on so many pieces and had no spare time to go out for lunch with Hank as they usually did. All she could do was smile extremely wild whenever he drove her to work.

Thea had drove herself to work this Saturday. She was leaving to the therapist later in the day. It had been almost impossible finding a therapist that was willing to work on weekends but Dr Amebo had come highly recommended and her fee was no child's play.

Thea had spoken with Jamal about her and he had chosen a convenient time for their session. They barely talked since he was always at work and the few times he came home, they missed each other because she herself was mostly in her office working.

Thea finished with work and called Jamal's office on her way to therapy. His assistant informed her that he was going to join her there. Thea arrived at Dr Amebo's office and smiled when the heavy set woman opened the office door for her.

"Good afternoon," she greeted.

"Afternoon. You're Thea?"

"Yes."

They had talked over the phone once when she tried to make some enquiry and the woman looked the way she sounded. Thea was already imagining what kind of mother she was, she was sure she was patient and attentive.

"Where's your partner?"

"On his way."

Thea took the seat she was offered and waited for Jamal.

"Do we start when he arrives?"

"Yes, I think that's better."

There was a lot to unpack in her relationship and she preferred if the discussion started with Jamal. After all, he was the one always evading her affections.

Minutes passed by and Thea chewed on her nails while the Doctor worked on her tablet. They were booked for one hour and it was almost up. Thea didn't try to call or text Jamal, she knew from experience not to.

"I could reschedule you for another week," The Doctor offered after half an hour passed.

"He'll be here soon."

Half an hour later, Thea stood from the sofa. "Thanks for your time." She almost ran to the door until the Doctor's words stopped her in her tracks.

"You look relieved," she noted.

Thea ran out of the office then and drove to her father's house. She didn't bother thinking about the Doctor's last words.

"Dad?" she called when she entered the house. She found her dad in his office going through the pile of files on his desk. "Dad," she said to announce her presence.

"Daughter."

She went over to hug him and flopped on the huge sofa beside his desk.

"You said you couldn't make it this weekend."

"Did I tell you about therapy?" Her dad shook his head and she continued. "I booked a therapy session with this doctor for I and Jamal and he didn't show up."

"Today?"

"Yes."

"Jamal is going on a five day business trip. Didn't he tell you? He should be leaving in the evening with the company's jet?"