Chapter 23

Hank

Thea on his front step was something Hank never imagined happening and there she was. He didn't think often about the state of his apartment but now that she was there, it felt clearly inadequate. It was obviously a far cry from what she was used to, but he liked having her around.

Thea went into his apartment and looked around. "Not bad," she declared like he asked. "Can I sit?"

"Sure." Hank leaned against the closed door and watched as she made herself comfortable on the plastic chair. "Don't get me wrong Thea, I like having you around but I still have to ask what you're doing here?"

"To bring you a bracelet, I told you that when I called."

"Okay. It's kinda late though, don't you have to make dinner for your husband?"

"No. He's going on a business trip... for five days. He didn't have the guts to tell me by himself, my dad did."

Hank didn't need the explanation but his mind was already telling him why he should have all her attention for those five days. "Hmm. Have you had anything to eat?"

"I was going to order something when I got home..."

"I could get you something if you're staying for a while."

"Can I spend the night?"

If Thea was ignoring all the reasons why this shouldn't be then he wouldn't dwell on them as well. He sat on the floor opposite her because she was sitting on the only chair he had. Hank took her soft, little hands in his. "Do you really want to spend the night?"

"I do."

He smiled. "Let me get you dinner then."

Hank was in the bedroom which was separated with a curtain from the living room when he felt Thea beside him. He pulled his shirt over his head and turned to look at her.

"Do you need anything?" He trailed his fingers on her shoulders when she touched his abs.

"Wanted to see where I'll be sleeping."

Hank looked at the small mattress on the floor then looked at Thea. "It's not much."

"It's perfect."

He didn't want Thea using that word when talking about anything relating to him. He didn't want to be put on such high pedestal when they both knew that wasn't his reality. "It's not perfect."

"True, it's you though." She looked at him and smiled and he dropped a kiss on her nose. Thea wrapped her arms around him and purred when he hugged her back. "It feels so good to be hugged."

Didn't Jamal ever hug his wife? If she was swooning over him returning her hug, he couldn't imagine what else she was being deprived of. He pulled her closer to himself and rested his chin on her head.

"Will you be okay on your own? Need to buy dinner, I won't be long."

Thea replied him with a peck and he greedily deepened it until it turned to a kiss. His shirt was already off so he helped her with hers and pulled her bra over her breasts. He took her nipples quickly into his mouth and pulled her skirt up.

Hank was buried inside her in minutes and he groaned every time she moaned out his name. That was like his only assurance that she wasn't mistaking him for her husband. She wanted this just as much as he did. It made him high and giddy and he laughed when they both came.

"What's funny?" Thea asked as she unwrapped her legs from his waist.

"It feels good having you here." Hank used his thumb to wipe the tiny beads of sweat off her forehead.