Chapter 2

Brooklyn Boston

It was now lunch and I walked out of class trying to figure out where the hell the cafeteria is. Luckly, I saw Kayla and I made my way to her.

"Thank God I found you or I was about to lose it" I sighed. "Aww" she laughed. "So, who do hang with during lunch?" I asked as we headed to her locker.

"By myself. Ion fuck with other people like that" she chuckled. "Same" I nodded. "So, you can come hang with my brother and his friends" I said grabbing her hand making our way to them.

She stopped me before we could get there. "You do realize we're heading to the basketball team's table right?" She said nervously. "Yeah and?" I asked. "Only basketball players sit there" she said. "Well my brother is one of them and he said I could sit there. So let's go" I chuckled.

"Wait, what's your last name?" She asked. "Boston" I replied. "Your brother is Brandon? Why didn't you tell me?" She smiled. "You didn't ask,now let's go" I laughed pulling her arm.

"Hey guys" I smiled. "Wassup sis" they all smiled and nodded. "This is Kayla, can she sit with us?" I asked hoping for a yes. "Sure" they all nodded. "See" I mumbled to Kayla who was looking at Dior.  

"So how you find this school? Nobody touched you right? Ion have to fuck anybody up huh?" He asked making me laughed a little. "Its all good, people here are cool" I shrugged.

"Ion wanna see you around no niggas too" Brandon stared at me. "She won't, I'll make sure of it" Sharife said catching everybody's attention. "Look who decided to talk today" Josh laughed. "Most of the time you be quiet. Why you speaking today?" They laughed.

"Aye, leave him alone" I shook my head irritated that they were picking on him. But I also noticed this about Sharife too...he doesn't talk much. He's mostly quiet. Whether in class or outside of class.

But I like that. He's laid back and chilled. But yet again the quiet kids are always the shady ones. What if he's a school shooter and we don't know...nah I'm over thinking things.

I snapped outta my thoughts and continued eating.

-

Whew first day of school is over! I flopped on my bed. My phone vibrated as I looked at who it was.

Rife❤: Hey, it's Sharife.
Me:what? How did you... I didn't give you my number though.
Rife❤:yeah, I know. You left your phone unlocked so before I gave it to you I put my number in.
Me:why? Ion need it.
Rife❤: ouch😭💔 that kinda hurted me doe.
Me:I ain't mean it like that. I'm sorry.
Rife❤:its ight.