Chapter 12

Sharife Cooper

Okay, after what I happened between Mia and I last night, I know that should've told Brooklyn what happened.

But she's been really stressed out lately about a lot of stuff and I didn't wanna stress her out more. I was gonna call Mia into order later on.

"Mamas" I said catching her attention. "Huh?" She looked at me. "So I was thinking" I pulled her waist closer to mine. "That how about you meet my parents tonight" I smiled.

"You dead ass? Say on god" she smiled. "I'm serious. So what you coming?" I asked. "Uhm,yeah. Can't wait" she hugged me. "What time though?" She asked. "6pm. I'll come pick you up" I pecked her lips.

-
Brooklyn Boston

Its now 5pm and I decided to take a shower and get ready to meet Sharife's parents tonight.

I took a quick shower and didn't wanna anything that is too revealing. I flat ironed my hair and grabbed my phone.

"Ouu, okay sis!" Kayla smiled. "You ready?" She asked. "Uhm, kinda. I'm really nervous" I pulled down my dress. "Don't worry I'm sure they're gonna like you. I mean...what's not to like?" Mia gassed me up.

"Periodt!" Kayla laughed. I heard the door bell ring then I opened the door revealing Sharife. "You tryna make me act up huh?" He licked his lips looking at me up and down.

"Stop" I blushed as I hugged him. "You ready?" He asked holding my purse for me. "Yes" I sighed then smiled. "Let's go"

-

We got to his house and got out the car. I breathed in heavily and exhaled as we walked in.

"Waddup,Pops" Sharife said greeting his dad. "Hey, son. Oh and who is this lovely young lady here?" He smiled. "This Brooklyn Boston, my girlfriend" he answered.

"Oh,you're the one that's got my son wrapped around your finger" he chuckled and shook my hand. "Nice to meet you,Mr Cooper" I said with a warm smile.

"Mr Cooper? No, my father is Mr Cooper. You can call me Dad or Pops" he said as I nodded. "Come, let's go meet my brother and Mom" Rife said as we made our way to the dining room.

"Ouu, Hello...beautiful" His brother Omar said standing up and kissed my hand. "Back up,she's mine" Sharife laughed. "I'm Omar by the way" he said. "Brooklyn" I smiled.

"Nice to meet you" he smiled and sat back down. "Mom,this my girl that I was telling y'all about. Brooklyn" he introduced us. "Nice to meet you,Mrs Cooper" I held my hand out.

"Likewise" she said with an irritated tone and left my hand hanging. I nodded being a bit shy. "You can sit right here. I'll be back" Rife said and kissed my cheek.

"So... Brooklyn. How old are you" she asked. "I'm 17 turning 18 ma'am" I said. "I only asked how old you were, not how old you're  turning" she rolled her eyes

Ouch,shots fired.

I cleared my throat trying not to be disrespectful 'cause I got one smartass mouth.

"So you're one of those girls... That prey on highschool basketball players stars knowing damn well they gon make it to the NBA huh?" She smirked.

"No,ma'am. I really like your son. Whether he was a basketball player or not. I was still gonna be with him and love him regardless" I answered.

"Look, I know where you're coming from. There's nothing to worry about" I added. "I hope so, 'cause after the situation with Vannessa, Sharife was heartbroken. I don't want him to go through the same thing again" she smiled.

"Well, I'm not Vanessa. I'll never ever do that to Sharife" I smiled. "Pinky promise" she laughed. "Pinky promise" we laughed as we locked fingers.

"I'm hungry, where the food at!" Omar said walking back in. "Calm down jhit" Rife chuckled. "Nigga, we're the same age" Omar laughed. "Okay but who's taller?...thought so. Shut up" Rife laughed.

"Okay, now. Let's eat" Pops said chuckling.