28🕺🏽

Makenna Bluitt

Today is Saturday and there is a pool party going on today.

The whole gang is going. Olivia is currently at my house and we're getting ready.

"We should wear matching swimsuits." Olivia suggests.

"Yeah that would be so cute!" I say.

"So when are you and Jalen gonna become official?" Liv asks.

"I'm not sure. We're really just taking it slow. I don't wanna rush into anything. I really like him." I say.

"Yeah, I know you do. You're crazy about him he's crazy about you. Like he fought Cameron twice for you." She says.

"Twice? I thought they just fought at the party?" I ask confused.

"And I might've just told you something you weren't supposed to know." Liv says talking to herself.

"Olivia, please tell me." I beg.

"Okay, Jalen and Cameron got into a fight. Cameron was telling everyone how good you are in bed. Jalen didn't like it one bit and stepped in." Liv says.

"Why didn't he tell me? I understand he's trying to help, but I can fight my own battles." I say frustrated.

"Hey don't get mad at me. That's what Josh said." Olivia said holding her hands up in surrender.

"Ooo... Josh?" I say teasingly.

"We talk or whatever. We not as far as you and Jalen though." Liv says blushing.

"Yeah, me and Jalen may not get far if there is not an explanation in why he fought Cameron. Again. And didn't tell me." I say whining.

"I'm sure there is an explainable reason in why he didn't tell you. Jalen wouldn't just do you like that." Liv says.

"I hope so." I say softly.

"Makenna, you can't always live in doubt. Taking this risk that you have is making you happy. Jalen might be the best thing that's gonna happen to you, but you'll never know if you won't take the risk." She says.

"Okay. Iyana, I understand. I'll just talk to him at the party." I say.

(A/n: If you don't get this we're not cool.)

•••

I walk to the party and see the gang already there.

I see Jalen with no shirt on playing pool.

Shit. He gone make me act up.

I just stood there admiring Jalen.

Damn those abs... ain't i'm supposed to be mad at him.

"Kenna, you're drooling." Liv says closing my mouth.

Jalen finally turns around.