1.Zoya

Zoya pov

Being the eldest among 3 daughters, I have to work for our living. Mommy is working in a garment nearby and both my sisters are studying. Elder one is Zara who is in her second year of college. And the little princess is Noor who is in 9th standard.

My dad... we lost him. I'm not ready to think about it. I wiped away the tears that flowed down ny cheek and chin. I took deep breaths to calm down and started my way to the offices where I found there are interviews today.

. I have been to many companies since last whole week. Somehow we managed to find a small apartment on rent selling our jewellery.

I dont miss my relatives or old home even a tiny bit. Why couldn't they come for us?

Now I have decided whatever the job I get, I'm ready to do. Eventhough I have good qualifications I can work as a normal officer if situation arises.

It's already 12 noon when I felt dizzy and closed my eyes..
*
*
*
*
*

I opened my eyes only to close as soon as the light hit. I slowly opened my eyes and found myself in a hospital. I tried to get up when a guy maybe my age came to me from the couch in the room.

I had a stinging feel on the back of my palm and that man who was there made me rest.

There was an IV attached to my left wrist and that guy introduced himself as Rahul. "Thank you for helping" i said and he smiled saying,"that's ok. Are you fine? How are you feeling?" He asked me in a friendly tone.

Just then I realized, I didn't have my hijab on. I looked for it when he gave it but when I struggled, he made me wear. I thanked him giving a smile.

I was discharged after 2 hours and until the time I reached outside, he didn't leave my side. Thanks to Allah for sending a person like him to where I was.

I was home by evening after attending not a single interview. I didnt say anyone home about me fainting due to stress. Rahul dropped me home and thank Allah, no one saw.

I walked inside home to find my sisters studying and mom was in the side of kitchen cooking. I gave my salams and went to freshen up.

Just when I was ready to sleep, I remembered my file. Oh my Allah, where did I leave it? I slept thinking where to find my file.

Next morning when I woke up, mom was already gone to work. I saw Zara on the bed when I was out from the washroom after my morning chores.

I had cereals and bid bye to Zara and Noor not before warning them about locking the door and not opening for any strangers. I saw a familiar figure near the gate to the building. I met with the same person, Rahul. He smiled seeing me,"as salamo alaikum" he said as if he is used to it. I was amused. I replied," wa salam " I smiled.

"What brought you here?" I asked thinking he was here to meet someone else. "I came to meet you" he said and I frowned thinking whether he's here to check on me and why he would for a normal person like me? Or... is he.... no no he looks and speaks in a decent way and his words are genuine.

Noticing my confused face, he said,"well... to give this..." he said giving my file and he forwarded an envelope saying,"and this" I frowned and asked him,"what's this?" He smiled and said," as you were with a file in your hand, I could guess you were looking for a job and that's what made me look into it when I found it in the car yesterday."

I could feel him wipe my cheeks and I pulled back touching my cheek. I blush forming on my face. "Thanks... and you didnt have..." he cut me off."its not a help but I saw your certificates. The only thing is you don't have an experience that you will get working in this company." He said and I smiled, a thankful one.

"Well... you work here?" I asked and he shook his head and said,"uhmmmm.... yeah" he said and I smiled saying,"thanks" he laughed a little and said,"you better record thanks" I laughed a little.

"So? When will you join?" He asked and I said the only answer I have,"today?" It was more like a question he nodded and said,"why don't you come with me then?"I was silent for a few seconds before saying,"no thanks. I don't want to trouble you."

He somehow convinced me to go with him. He was not nagging but the way he spoke made me agree. "So... your from?" He asked and I said,"umm... I was born in south india where my dad is from and I studied...." I was cut off by the ringing of his phone. And then till we reached the office, he was on phone.

Sahir pov

It was a very hectic day. It's difficult to work without a PA and these make PA are actual lazy cats. I'm not comfortable to have a girl, maybe a women. But yesterday night rahul, my best buddy called me asking whether I found my pa, and I was like I don't want one.

But the truth is it is hard to work. Urghh .

He said he's got a file of one of a girl he met somewhere and what caught my attention was that she was a muslim and a talented girl. Her name made me shocked.

Is she who I think she is? No.. that cannot be. Ohh allah. I.. no.

I asked rahul to give the appointment letter as an employee in the financial management department of the office. Most probably I dont go there most of the days.

It was around 5.30 I was ready to get into the car when I heard someone clear their throat. It was Mehak, my mother's best friend's daughter who my mom want me to get married to.

I was already tired and her presence and her clingy self wont help me to behave sane in front of her. Why did she come here? "Oh hi sahir" she said tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Wa alaikum Salam, mehak" I said and her face changed a little and back to her flirty self. I groaned under my breathe and asked her,"why are you here?" I know I'm being rude, but that's the best.

She turned on her heels and walked away. Maybe that's the effect of my high pitched voice. I got into my car and was about to drive out the gate when I saw a girl in white dress stopped the car.

The sudden break I made, made me jolt a little. I opened my window and asked her,"what the hell do you think your doing?" I shouted and I saw her flinch at my sound. she stammered," sss... sir.. um.. you..."

I lost my patience and shouted,"I dont have whole day." She took a deep breathe and said,"your car has a flat tire" how come I didn't notice? "Ohh "was all I could say.

"I know what I should do" I said when she said,"I think you have to get the tire changed" who is she? Why do I feel like I know her so close and as if I have a connection to her? Shit. Its zoya.

I shook my thoughts away and asked her to get lost. I could see tears in the corner of her eyes and I decided not to notice them.

I watched her walk out on the road. Her hair not visible as she had a hijab on. She was.... something. . What are you thinking sahir? Shut up your thoughts. Why do I have these feelings after so many years?

"Its done sir" I heard my security break my chain of thoughts about her. "Ohh ok" I said and drove away to my favourite place. It was the orphanage where I can see kids who doesn't have any hidden secrets, bad intentions. They don't know to deceive, hurt, cheat or any what grown ups do

"Sahir... when did you come?" I smiled recognising the voice...

Hey guys.

Back with a new story. Hope you guys will like it