8. will you marry me

Zoya pov

Ammi talked to uncle and we are ready to get Zara and zayn married. He's a good guy with good qualities. He's in a good profession and earns well too.but the age gap between these two is 8 years and I feel it's too much.

But, ma says it's common and it works most of the time for girls who are immature and childish like zara. We know about zayn and we trust him.

"Zoya, beta" I heard uncle as I answered the phone call."haan uncle, how are you?" I asked and he asked,"are you busy beta, or else I'll call you later" I said,"no uncle it's just that I'm on my way to office. You can talk"

"Ohh ok dear. It's that I wanted Zara's and Wayne's marriage happen kn the following month because zayn is expecting a promotion and hell have more works from next month until a year." He said and I said,"its tour wish uncle. Abbi is also not here. So, your decision is ours  even mom will say this. But for your satisfaction, I'll ask her"

"Your like this and your haniya aunty who was always kind with you when you were rich is like this. I dont even know whether she'd attend the wedding" he said and I could hear him cough.

"Uncle, are you okay?" I asked and suddenly the line went dead. I didn't come with sahir sir to office today since, the other colleagues started spreading rumours. Whatever happens, we can never shut up people's mouth in back biting and spreading rumours is few people's favourite job.

I reached the office and b had 15 minutes to start my work. So I called shimla, zayn's sister. "Hello di" she said in the second ring itself. "Hello shimla. I was talking to uncle and suddenly the line went dead after he coughed. Can you check on him" i asked and she said,"sure di. I'll call you and inform" shes such a sweetheart. Same age as zara but studies.

I went into the office and a girl crossed me saying,"seem to be her boss didn't drop her today" my face must be red for the anger I'm feeling right now. And when I was passing by, someone put their leg on my way and I fall down.

"Ammi..." I think I've got a cramp. All started laughing. "Hey, you. You came yesterday and trying to hit on our boss."a girl said. And another guy said,"I'm shre there's a gold digger inside her simple face"

"What's going on" I heard and tried to stand up when the pain shot through ny veins and made my eyes tear up. I tried to stand holding a desk when a hand was lent to me. I held it and stood up just to trip again.

"Is this the way to treat a colleague you work with? Shame on you everyone." Sahir sir shouted at no one in particular. " sir, it was niana and rocky who were talking shit to her" said mohammad coming forward.

"Niana. Rocky. In my cabin" he shouted and made me sit. "Someone take care of her" he said and left. Mohammed and another girl in hijab came forward and said,"come let's get an ointment applied." I smiled and went with hers and Mohammad support.

Yeah it's not allowed to have physical contact with men who are not family. But, it's ok in this kind of helpless situation. There were more girls who were just glaring and not even coming forward. Am I living in such a world.

The lunch time came and I was just walking into the cabin. I found sir working and excused  he gave his usual come kn and when u was about to go in my cabin, he said,"hows your leg?" I turned to find him looking at me.

"Fine sir" i said and be nodded. "Its lunch time. Why are you here?" He asked. "I dont feel hungry sir" I said.

Sahir pov

I saw her not bringing lunch and here shes lying now. "Ohh really. Or did you not bring lunch?" I asked looking at her giving her a'dont try to lie' look. "I knew I wont be hungry sir." She said in an irritated tone. Wow she has this side. Let me see.

"You cant say that. You must eat miss. Zoya. I dont want my employee fall sick." I said in a firm tone. "And j wont fall sick so soon. I'm strong enough" she said. "I saw that" I said and looked at her with a raised brow.

"What's your problem mister" she asked walking to me. Her face red like beetroot. Shed kill me if it was not an offence. "What's your problem and why disnt you eat? I know you love being healthy. So, why not food from home?" I asked with anger laced in my voice.

How can she not eat. From the last time u saw her, shes gone thin. Her cheeks had gone smaller than usual. "Why does it matter to you who never ate during lunch." She said with her voice too raised.

"I'm the boss here" I said and stood up. "You dont talk with that tone to me. And, you know what? Your angry face makes me want to do something I'd regret. dont regret later that you could've gone silent.

"Hey bro" I heard rahul enter the cabin. "Ohh Ohh zoya how are you?" He said. "I'm fine sir. How are you?" She asked. "Fine and please dont call me sir. I have a name and your my friend. Am I right" he said and I saw a smile tug under her lips. Involuntarily I even smiled.

"So... how's work here?" He asked her and she looked at me with a glare and turned to rahul with a smile saying,"very good"

"Sahir... I came to ask you for lunch. I know you dont eat and you didn't want to give a  lunch time to employees long time ago right. Come on let's go. Zoya you too joining?" He said and I saw her eyes wide when he said the employee's lunch time matter.

"Uhh no..." she was cut off. "Is this what you say to the one who saved you?" He asked and after a little nagging from my friend, she agreed. I could find her walking with a too much of distant. She wa smoking around once in a while.

"Zo.... I can call you zo right?" Rahul asked and she nodded with a fake smile. "So zo where did you study?" He asked. Wow what a question. "Umm.... in America" she said and we heard gasps all around. "What?"I shouted and all started walking in every directions.

"Ohh even we studied in America. Which college?" Rahul said winking at me."Massachusetts institute of tech" she said and rahul faked a shocked face. "We too did a course there after our degree in management studies." Zoya nodded with a smile.

"Which yea?" He asked and she answered for not only that question but a lot more. All the way I was watching her face reactions that is once happy, once devilish and sometime she looked more child like  I just wanted to bite her those cheeks.

The lunch time went well and zoya stiffened as we entered the office. "So... rahul you better leave my oa to me to work" I said and rahul smirked saying,"yeah sure. She all yours now" what did he just say. I could feel my ears heat up.

"So... shes the one not allowing you to fall for me?" Ivheard and turned to find the bitch herself here. Mehak. "What are you doing here?" I asked for which she said," u got an information saying your going and coming with her and always even caring too much for my liking" she said and walked near me.

"Get lost mehak. Or else I'll call the security." I shouted at her gaining everyone's attention. She stomped away and I shouted,"get to work everyone"

We were now leaving the office when zoya said,"sir, I'll come by an auto" what? "But why? Anyway we go to the same place" i said and when she was about to say something I received a call.

"Hello"
Zoya pov

I walked down and got into a taxi and left the place. I was home and she didn't reach yet."ma... I'll come after a wash" I said and walked in my room. "Mom... did sir come?" I asked for which she said,"not yet.

I was in my room when there was a knock. "Arham... you?" I asked when I saw sahir sir.it was around 12 in the midnight. He was in his office wear. Did he just reach? "Will you marry me?" He asked and I looked at him and then at sahir sir standing behind him.

"No way" I shouted and he said,"why? Because of your rich boss?" He asked and started saying rubbish about me and sahir sir. "Will you marry me"

So... guys thanks for waiting.

Next update in a week. I've got an idea and I have to put it kn words. I'll be updating regularly from next Saturday.

Bye till then