9.His care

Sahir pov

I dont want to let her go. If I leave this chance it may become a situation where I'll have to let her go that I dont want to. No one can guarantee that I'll get another chance. So I said out the words I wanted to say since long time.
"Will you marry me?"

All along I was just gazing at the ground until I heard arham say,"zoya...." in a high pitch. Zoya was lying on the ground unconscious. I carried zoya in my arms bridal style and ran down the stairs while arham followed behind.

"Ma...." I shouted and she came followed by both the girls behind. Arham moved back and left. Is this his love? I then asked Zara to get some water and ma sprinkled on zoya's face.

"I'll take her ti the hospital and aunty ji you take care of them" I said and made zoya lie on the back seat while I drove. At this time, the driver was also not here.

"Everything will be alright noor. Dont cry" u told who came out behind us.

*****

"Mr.sahir?" I heard a nurse calling out. It's been 2 hours since we came here and it's now someone came out of the emergency room. When zoya's mom called I said she's fine and we'll be home a little later.

"Yes, I'm sahir" I said and she said,"ohh okay. Doctor wants you to come to her room" she said and my heart started beating faster. I was scared. To lose her. I was angry on myself. Did this happen because I asked those words?

I nodded and followed her. "Excuse me doctor. Mr.sahir is here" she said and I heard a 'come in'. The nurse motioned me to follow her. "Take your seat Mr.Sahir" the doctor said politely.

I nodded and took my seat. Without wasting a second I asked,"how's Zoya, doctor?" She smiled and said. "She's perfectly alright.. but...." she trailed off.

"What's it doctor?" She sighed and said,"its nothing serious." I then looked at her and asked,"doctor, can you explain?" She nodded and said," she seems to have got a memory loss. Acording to the testator and her answers for few questions I asked her says, she has forgotten few things. It's a kind of memory loss caused by trauma or stress." She said

And then she asked me,"was she stressed for nearly few months? Or anything like someone dear to her died?" She asked and I said,"yes doctor, her father passed away few months back. She then nodded and said,"its called dissociative amnesia"

"She'll be having an inability to recall important personal information. People have few gaps in their memory which they span a few minutes to decades. You can try psychotherapy in a month if she don't gain her memory back within that time period." Why is this happening to her?

"Is there something more we have to know?" I asked and she nodded and then said," in dissociative amnesia, the lost memory usually involves information that is normally part of routine conscious awareness or auto biographic memory.

For example, who one is, where you went, to whom one spoke, what one did, thought and felt. Often, the memory is about stressful or traumatic events such as child abuse?

Sometimes, the information though forgotten, influence the patient's behavior. And mainly....." she was cut off when a nurse ran in her room and said,"doctor, that patient in room no. 1450 is having problem in breathing" she said and the doctor looked at me saying,"its zoya" and she ran out.

This is what a doctor does. She cant let a life go in vain. They do try their best but hmwhen there comes a fault in their work, we are always ready to make stories and criticize them. What a talent we have. We dont know how stressful the job of being a doctor is.