15. Zayn and Zara

Zoya pov

Its Zayn's and Zara's reception today. Amaya aunty gave me a light pink saree to wear saying she bought it for me and that shell be hurt if I dont take it. I wore the saree and matching white stones necklace and earrings. I didn't wear something to cover ny hair since Males were on one side and we girls were in one.

Arham's mother walked to me and said,"zoya beta, did you talk to arham? He said he wants to talk to you in person" I shook my head and she asked me to go talk to him now. Knowing that I ha e something to tell him, I agreed.

I went to the touch up room and wore a shawl to cover my hair. I took ny phone and at the right time I got a call from arham. "Hello" I said and he said,"zoya? Can we meet behind the building?" I then agreed and walked to the back of the building.

"Salams zoya" he said as soon as he spotted me. I replied to his greeting and asked,"why did you have to drink and spoil yourself?" He was taken aback by my question. I'm sure he didn't expect me to ask that. "I love you zoya" he said and I understood one thing, 'we dont get the love of someone we love. How much we love them.'

"Zoya, mom said you agreed for the marriage. Is that true? I mean I want it to hear from you" he said and I wondered whether that I agreed that moment is right or not.

"Arham.... you must know that I can never love you. Ever. " I said and looked at his fa e for any reaction. "Why? Love can happen eventually" he said and I sighed sayin,"I dont think one can fall in love again and again. And one more thing, I don't think what you have for me is love" he looked at me with a hurt look in his eyes.

"Arham... look at me. " I said when he turned to other side. "Please. " I said and he turned to face me. His eyes were teared up. "I love someone else and I know I can never be the one he loves." I said and he looked at me. Shock evident in his eyes.

"What? How?" He asked not knowing what to say. "Hmm... its personal. I mean I would have said if their is a chance for us to be together. But, theres someone else in his life. If your so adamant to get married to me. Then ok. I'll do. But Kim sure you'd regret since I know you dont have love on me. We can be friends after all"

He then sat kn the nearby bench and motioned me to sit. J sat next to him and he turned to me after few minutes while I was looking at how beautiful this back garden was.

"So, we can be friends?" He asked and I nodded with a really real smile. "Of course." I said and he then forwarded his hand for a shake. "I need your help." I said after many thinking process.

"What? Anything for you" he said and I took a deep breathe before saying,"I want 5 lakhs debt" he looked at me wide eyed. "For? I mean, I can give..." I cut him off,"I just want to leave the country, far away from him. I know I cant bare to see him and her together." As if understanding, he placed his hand on my shoulder.

I leaned and cried leajing in his shoulder. I could feel someone's eyes on me. "I'll return when I earn."i said and he thought for a while and said, "how about.... andhra? I mean it's in india, but far away from here" i thought for a while and agreed.

He said his friend has a company there and that I can work in his company.

Arham pov

I think zoya is right. I think I have love for her as a friend or brother after talking to her. After zoya went from there, I walked towards the lake that was present behind the hall. I saw someone standing by the lake and walked towards the person. It was a girl. She looked younger to me.

"Who's this?" I asked and she startled and was to fall on her back when I held her arm. Her eyes locked with mine. I could feel something happen inside me. I shook my thoughts away and she stood straight. Thanking me for holding her, she ran inside the building.

It's around 2 in the night and in unable to sleep. Whenever u close my eyes, her eyes come. Who's she? I think I have seen her somewhere. But where? "Sir..." I heard a maid shout and I jumped off the bed and to the place where the sound came from. "What happened?" I asked seeing mom unconscious.

We took her to the hospital and the doctor said she had a mild attack. After a waiting of what felt like hours, I was allowed to see mom. She can be taken home in a days time. "Mom..." i said and she looked at me. Her eyes were red and tears flew out. "I'm sorry son. It's because of me that zoya doesn't want to marry you" mom said and I shook my head.

"Its not like that ma. I ha e been thinking that what I felt for zoya was love but, I understood that it was just a mere attraction and the love I have for zoya is like of a friend or brother.

"But... I want to see you married before I close my eyes" mom said and I said,"I'll get married one day mom. I met a girl at the reception today...." she cut me off,"what? Who's that? You like her dont you? Your eyes say that" she was talking non stop and the thought of making the girl I saw my wife was like... happy. No its more than that.

I want her to be my wife. I think I love her. Is it called love at first sight? "I'll ask zoya to send the pictures taken at the reception and we can find her. Suddenly, moms breathing for heavy and the doctor was called by the nurse.

"Mr.Arham, dont let your mother get more emotional. Not sad and not too happy too. "Ok doctor."

***

I've prepared everything for zoya's stay and job at andhra. "Hello, soya?" I asked over the phone and she said,"let me call you later. In busy now." She said. It was around 10 at night and this girl is working? Is she serious. These days, I understood that I only cared for zoya and it's not love that I should be having for my wife.

"Ok then, bye" I said and hung up. Mom came to my room in a hurry. "Mom, why are you in so much hurry?" I asked and she grinned wide saying,"I found who that girl is"

I smiled and asked,"who?" She then said,"she's zayn's sister. Not your friend. Zoya's cousin" I was shocked. That why I felt as if I had met her before. "Ok... ma..." I was cut off when mom said something that shook the earth beneath me. "I've called them and informed well be going to see her." What?

"Why are you making it in a rush?" I asked and she said,"I want to see my son happy." I nodded and took a deep breathe thinking how the day forward would end up.

Zoya pov

I still remember that night of Zara's reception. I can still remember how hard he held me and I still remember the feel of.... stop it zoya. It was just an... accident or maybe he mistook me for someone.

"Ms.Zoya..." sahir sir called me and I walked into his cabin."yes sir?" I asked and he asked me to make sure that I'm available next friday to go on a dinner meeting. I nodded.

"Hey allisha" I said answering her call. "What's up" she asked and I said,"just... you say" I said and she started saying what she did this whole week and i had to listen to the way she described her new crush. Gross

"I wanted to say something" she said and i asked,"what? Make it fast. I have a small work in few minutes."

"That day you said about some sahir guy right? He had been stalking you during our college days" she said and I was like, is she drunk? "What?" I did shout that out because the next minute, sahir sir was at the door of my cabin.

Here the update is

Hope you guys liked it.