4. I don't want to marry

This chapter is dedicated to an encouraging reader liferocker. Thank you s much dear.

Zoya pov

Why did this have to happen when I'm finally settling with the facts? "I have responsibilities arham, please. And I dont want to marry now." I shouted.

"You dont want to marry me or you dont want to get married to anyone?" He asked in a soft tone. "I cant marry anyone" saying that I walked away from the hall to the room and locked the door.

As the door was locked, u sat on the floor and spilled all the tears that was at bay. Abbu.... why did you leave us to suffer like this? You always used to say there is something good in whatever that happens, but now I would like to know what's the good in these things happening around me. That day everything changed....

*6 months ago*

It's my nikah today. I was dressed in a peach coloured long frock in Pakistani style. The stones made my frock so heavy. Noor said it was 20kg. I dont know how I'm going to carry around.

I heard a knock on the door. Zara opened and let in whoever's it was. It was ammi and my aunt rooba( jahan bhai's mom). They looked sad. Maybe because I was getting married. "Zoya..." moms voice cracked. She came to me and hugged me tight and not spoiling my makeup.

"Ma.. dont cry. I'll start crying now." She didn't stop." So you wont me to cry then. Ok fine." I said and started fake crying. "Ehhhh no.... I want ammo to stop crying." I said waving my hands and stokoing my legs. She then pulled back.

"Zoya, we have something to say" said rooba aunty. I looked at her to continue. "Um... your Abbu's business have faced a huge loss that he had to sell all the properties overnight. And... your mother in law said this marriage cannot happen anymore after knowing that we wont be able to give properties to you."

What? I sat on the nearest chair and tried to process all her words. It felt like I was going to faint anytime soon. I know I dont live him, but I was ready to love him. Its only twice we spoke, but he showed how good he was. "What did arham say?" These words left my mouth. "He didn't even come here" said mom.

Was it all an act? Him being kind and loving. He even said he had started falling for me. I hoped he would come in a few minutes and say hell marry me. More than the marriage breaking, I remembered abby.

He worked so hard to come to this position. He's a good man, human wise and religious wise. I soon changed into a casual wear and washed away all the cake on my face. I wanted to scratch of them. I did. My face was pink with all the washing and rubbing.

"Where's abbu?" I asked not to one in particular,when I left the washroom. "In the terrace." Said ammi.

I walked up to the terrace to only find abbu resting on an armchair. I went and sat on the floor beside him. "Dont worry abbu, we're all by your side. We can come over everything." I said and when he didn't say anything, I looked up at him only to find him with his eyes closed. I shook him and his head fell to his side.