14. I have fallen for you

Sahir pov

It's been a week since I asked zoya to work or pay the money we ask for. I know she cant pay and that's why I asked her a huge amount.

"Sahir..." came mehak into my office room while I was having a discussion with zoya about an upcoming party even and the invitations. "Dont you have the manners to knock on the door." I snapped at her and I could see a tiny smile in zoya's face.

"Sahir... how can you talk to me like this in front of this girl? We have a date today night and I will be staying at your place tonight" she said and I was thinking when I planned that. I was about to ask her my thoughts when I saw zoya stand up and walk out of the room. And then an idea clicked. I know I may hurt her, but I just want to make sure she realizes her feelings soon.

"Shut up. Let's meet in the evening" I said and she walked out not before smirking at someone near the door. I didn't pay attention to it. And after around 1 hour, zoya came with few invitation designs and I must say she has a good choice.

"I think, this one looks best" I said pointing at the worst one. "What?" She almost shouted and I looked at her for an answer and she said,"sir... how about this?" I acted as if thinking and then said,"ok fine. Make sure I'm free this evening" I could see her nose turn red in anger.

*****

If someone asks me when I felt as if I was wasting my time, I'd describe this moment at a hotel with mehak who's keeping blabbering about how rich her parents are and how wealthy they are.

It was around 9 when we were out of the hotel. She was adamant to come along. Knowing she wont listen to me, when I got a call from rahul, I said I have some urgent work and left. It feels lonely without zoya and her family. Hey hey, yeah it's mainly zoya.

I parked the car and was about to open the door when I found the door unlocked. I opened and took the vase on the tee table before walking further in. "Stay there" I shouted and walked in the kitchen when I heard water flow in the wash basin.

"No...no...its me" I heard and saw it was zoya. How come she's here? "Why are you here?" I asked and she said,"I came to make sure..." she stopped herself shutting her mouth with both her palm.

"Make sure what?" I was totally confused. Then at the same time my phone rang displaying abbu. "As salamu alaikum abbu" I said and he replied for my salam before shouting,"what huge work that you have? Why did you ask zoya to come at this hour to your place? She's tired and office hours are over. You can't call her like that.  Tou must have come. Just because shes your..." I cut him off.

"Abbu... what are you "now it was zoya's palm on my mouth stopped me. "Adhi... speak" I heard abbu. Zoya signalled to cut the call. I did saying I had a work.

"What was that?" I asked and she was looking down all the time. "Answer me dammit. I'm getting scolded because of your some lie" I said and she jumped back at my sound.

"I'm... so...sir...sorry" she stammered. "Is she crying?"zoya...." I tried to go close to her. She showed her palm making me stop. "You dont have to cry..." she cut me off. "Please don't. You dont know how eager I was to meet you. I mean heer. That's how i was used to call you before." She coughed and continued,"I'm sorry"

"I know I'm just your personal secretary and you just got to know I'm your family friend or some relative. But, why do you have to shout at me for everything? You shouted when I just had a talk with Mohammed. You shout for several matters and between that, how did I fell in love with you? How?" She said and fall down on the floor.

My zoya loves me? "Zo..." she cut me off. "I know youd think I'm some gold digger or that I'm trying to come between your live life. And specially I know you love someone else and it hurts me everytime I remember the fact."

I tried to open my mouth when she stood up,"I know you dont have a place for me in your heart nor your life. But I'm here to see whether that girl is here. Anyway, I know you dont like me and please if you ha e a heart, please let me resign and leave this place." She said

"Please stop."I shouted and she looked at me with scared eyes. "Will you let me speak?" I asked and she nodded. "Please stand up. Wash your face and come" I said and she left to the room she used to stay in.

I called rahul and said that I'm going to propose zoya now and he said an all the n5est before he hung up. I made coffee for both of us. I was seated on the couch and flipping channels when I heard her clear her throat.

"Sit." I said and she sat silently. "Well... let me tell from the beginning. I was in ny last year of college when she joined. I saw her once when my friends were looking for fresher dates. But my eyes only caught her. The way she talked, her accent and everything about her caught my attention.

I always admire her from far and never had the gut to propose, leave proposing, I didn't even talk to her once. But on our farewell..." her phone started ringing. She answered when I nodded and her face expression said it was serious.

"Can you please take me to eye hospital?" She asked and I nodded planning to ask what was it about on the way. "Who was on the phone and why are we going to the hospital?"I asked.

" its mom. She said arham  committed suicide and that I'm supposed to go there" she said in a blank tone. "Why would he?" I asked and when she kept silent I remembered she has a past with him. Eventhough, she didn't love him, they were to get married.

We parked the car and walked in to the reception and asked for arham. They gave e room number and when we entered, there was arham with his head bandaged and few bands on his arm and legs. "What happened?" I asked while zoya was looking at arham in shock.

"He got drunk and a lorry hit his car. Thank Allah that he's alive" his mom said.

Zoya POV

I couldn't believe what kind of things happen around me. "Why did he get drunk. According to what I know, he never drink"i said and his mom came to me and held my hand.

"He said I ruined his life. He said it was all because of me that you dont like him anymore. Hes dying every day zoya. He lives you so bad that, he can't live without you. Please marry my son. I asked your mother and she said it's your wish." I looked at arham and then at sahir who I love and he is deeply in  love with someone else. I could see how much he loved the girl who he described.

"Ok.." I said and I saw sahir snap his head to me. Arham's other hugged me and apologised for her behavior that day and thanked me for accepting arham.

"I'm leaving" sahir sir said and I looked at him. His eyes showed, regret, pain, and something else I couldn't point out.

"Son, drop her" arham's mother said and he nodded. I followed him to the car park and he drove me home silently. When I was not getting iut of the car, he shouted,"you have anymore plans to break my heart?" He shouted hitting on the steering.

I flinched but said,"what?" Did I hear him right? He shock his head and I slid out the car. Without anymore words, he left.

Tomorrow is Zayn and Zara's nikkah. Theres no excitement in me. After basheer uncles continuous request, we agreed to have a reception party. What will happen on the reception?

I managed to write it for you guys.

Thanks for your support.

If you guys liked the chapter, vote comment and share

Next chap on friday