'failed' curry (Bakugo Katsuki x reader )

Insecure!Bakugo Katsuki x reader
Requested by UnknownPotato3

Quirk: Banshee; users can release a high pitched and aimed scream

I would say that I know Katsuki fairly well. I've been dating him for well over 4 years so I would hope so. We've had our up and downs but at the end of the day he knew I would love and support him no matter what.

It was a cold day and to top it off it was just really shitty. For one I forgot my lunch which I know Katsuki puts a lot of care into, I was really excited too because I saw that he shaped the rice balls into little dogs. Second I forgot my phone and due to the travel distance I couldn't just go back home to get it. I didn't bother Katsuki with the task as I didn't want to bother him, it's his day off after all and I know he hates the cold. And the icing on the cake, all of my sidekicks were really cocky and accidentally let of 2 villains whom I had to retrieve back. Of course they're suspended so I wouldn't have to deal with them again but what's the point of hiring help if they suck at helping?

Entering our apartment I could tell dinner was going to be good. Everything Katsuki made was good of course. I walked into the living room after taking off my shoes, scarf and coat. I made a sharp left into the kitchen. I crept in quietly and wrapped my arms around Katsuki's waist.

"Hi baby," I said, nuzzling my cold face into his much warmer back. He didn't say anything which I thought was a little weird. "How was your day off?" I asked quietly. He just let out a sigh.

"Dinner smells great," I was really worried that I wasn't getting a response from him. I let go and walked over to his side to finally get a look at his face. His face was red and he was scowling. Did I do something wrong? "You okay Katsu?" I asked looking at what he was looking at. In front of him was a bowl of curry, it was still hot and it smelled delicious.

"I can't get the curry to taste right," he said as he looked over at me.

"Can I taste it?" I asked with a hopeful smile. "No," he said before putting his 'failed' curry with the others that I didn't notice til now. "That's a lot of bowls," I commented.

"All of them failures," he said as he sunk down to the floor. I quickly sat next to him. "I think it smell delicious," I mumbled again as I leaned on his arm. "You say that about everything I make," he said quietly. "Well that's because everything you make is great," I replied with a smile.

"From anything from American cuisine to things you make on the fly."

"Can you stop kissing my ass and just tell me how it is?!" He said with anger in his tone. "I've never kissed your ass despite it being fine as hell," I flirted lightly. He rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Who told you I was? I'll beat them 6 ways from sunday-"

"No one," he said angrily. "Was it Yamamoto? I'll fight her, I'm pretty sure she runs a drug circle anyways."

"It's just," he sighed, "I feel like I'm not getting any better with cooking."

"You're a fantastic cook! I always look forward to eating anything you make and I'm very picky," I said as I started standing up and moving towards the 'failed' bowls of curry. I took a spoon and ate some of the curry. It was warm and melted in my mouth. I felt any stress from the day melt off of me. "This is so good!" I exclaimed as I took another bite. "I think you're too hard on yourself~" I cooed as I pet his hair.

"Shut up," he said as he swatted my hand out of his hair. I laughed and continued to eat the bowl of curry.
"Big scary Katsuki is all insecure about something he knows he's good at," I teased. He smirked and quickly kissed my forehead before mumbling a quick shut up.