warm (Tamaki Amajiki x reader) pt2

(This is part 2 of the last part. )
Quirk: Heliokinesis; users have the ability to manipulate sunlight in any form they want (thermal energy or into "physical weapons"). Although this power does work at night it is much weaker than if the user is in broad day light. The user's skin may be a bit warmer than the average person.

*this takes place in your 3rd year*

The first day of final year.

Y/n was walking hand and hand with Tamaki. She had just dropped off her sister and was heading to school, much like they had about 2 years ago.

Her warm hand swung slightly as they walked through the streets and Tamaki didn't think too much about it anymore. In his 1st and 2nd year he would be overthinking to the max about why she would always hold his hand even after she dropped off her sibling. He didn't complain, he liked how warm she was compared to the much cooler mornings.

He knew that it looked like they were dating but in his eyes he wasn't good enough for Y/n. She was kind and outgoing whilst he considered himself to be boring and awkward. He convinced himself that there was no way that y/n would even have the slightest interest to be with him in any romantic connotation.

Y/n smiled to herself as she walked to school with Tamaki. By the end of first year she found herself falling in love with him. She tried her hardest to show Tamaki that she did in fact not just see him as a friend and most people would get the hint. Most people knew that Y/n loved Tamaki even if she didn't say it outloud as she never wants to startle him.

Mirio found it annoying as did Nejire. They saw how the two would look at each other when the other wasn't looking.

Today was Tamaki dropped off Y/n at her class. Usually they would alternate between dropping y/n off to dropping Tamaki off and thos only deepen the idea that everyone had that Y/n and Tamaki were dating secretly.

"Why haven't you confessed to him yet?" Mirio asked as Y/n sat in her seat next to him. "Hello Mirio, would you like a lemon flavored lollipop?" Y/n asked, avoiding the question.

"You do this everyday, yes, but why haven't you confessed? He clearly likes you and you like him and all you have to do is-"

Y/n shoved the lollipop in his mouth, effectively stopping his train of thought. "I'll do it, before my work study," Y/n said with a small smile. She felt a twinge nervous.

Tamaki as Suneater had so many fans that liked him. Y/n as Helios had fans too but Tamaki's fans tend to just not like her for the soul reason that they think she's overwhelming to Tamaki. When in reality Tamaki felt much calmer when he was with her.

The day went on and Y/n could hardly focus on the events. She was spacing out and when she did tune in she would just space out again.

"Are you okay Y/n?" Tamaki asked as he watched her poke her food. "You seem out of it," He continued before taking a sip of water.

"I don't know, been putting off something for like 3 years but I have to do it now," she said as she looked up at Tamaki with a sad smile. "Well you can always put it off some more-"

"No I can't because then the person this concerns might find someone else and I'll die of-" she stopped. Y/n picked up a napkin and wiped off some sauce that was on his chin. Tamaki's face flushed pink as he muttered a quiet thank you.

The day finally came to an end as Y/n started packing up her bag and grabbing her suit so that she couldn't meet up together to walk to their work study.

"L/n!" She heard a voice say. She turned to see a boy from her class. She wasn't particularly fond of him but she stayed polite as she didn't want to cause any sort of commotion.

"Hello Nori," Y/n greeted as she continued to walk. "So I heard from a buddy that you're heading to Esuha for your work study," he said as he jogged to catch up to her. "That's right, I'm meeting up with Tamaki at the gate, you know Tamaki right?" She said as she tried to quicken her pace.

"That Amajiki kid? I don't understand why you hamg out with him, the guy's afraid of his own shadow. What you really need is a courageous fella, like moi," Nori said as he grabbed her arm to stop her.

"Tamaki may be nervous but he's not a coward and last time I checked you're scared of my quirk. Next time you insult him I will personally attack you and you will not win," Y/n said harshly. Her irises faded into gold as her quirk activate, signalling that she was not afraid to fry him for the sake of defending Tamaki. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to meet up with Tamaki at the gates," she said as she walked out the door and towards the gate.

"Hi Tamaki," she smiled as if nothing happened inside. "You ready to go? Do you want anything to eat before we get on the train?" She asked with a motherly tone.

"I-i'm fine, are you okay? Your irises are yellow," Tamaki pointed out. "Oh? Yeah I'm fine, Nori is just getting on my nerves again and I-"

Y/n paused when she felt a light slap on her ass. She looked behind her with a livid expression, as if it took everything in her power not to give him a heat stroke.

"Y/n I don't understand why you would willingly hang out with a cowardice loser like Tamaki, " she turned around to see Nori who stood about a yard away from them.

Y/n looked over at Tamaki who slumped more than average and then looked at the bastard who upset him. She put her case down and approached Nori with a harsh glare plastered on her face. Nori's shit eating grin soon fell when he felt Y/n grab his arm. His flesh felt like it was burning as she pulled him down to her level.

"What did you say motherfucker? I didn't quite get that," she said with a sweet smile. Her grip tighten on his arm and the burning sensation escalated.

"Say sorry to Tamaki, it's not his fault that he's better than you," she as he grabbed his cheek so that he would turn to Tamaki. Nori's face was now burning as he looked Tamaki dead his intimidating eyes and mumbled an "I'm sorry."

"Y-y/n just let him go," Tamaki stuttered out as he turned away from y/n and Nori.

Y/n let Nori go and glared at him. "I look forward to training with you tomorrow," she said happily before approaching Tamaki again and picking up her case.

"Why do you?" Tamaki asked after Y/n got their train tickets.

"What do you mean Tamaki? " she asked as she handed him his ticket and walked towards the train station.

"Why do hang out with me? He's right, I am a-"

"Don't say it, you are not a loser Tamaki," she said as she held his face gently. He found himself relaxing into your hand. "I wish you saw what I saw," she said as she rubbed her thumb on his face comfortably. Tamaki pulled away as his face flushed red in embarrassment.

"I was going to tell you this later but," y/n took a deep breath, "i love you Tamaki, ever since the start of 2nd year. I'll tell you that everyday if you want me to and-"

Tamaki grabbed her face and kissed her lips softly. Her lips are so warm Tamaki thought to himself. He pulled away and looked mortified as he realized what he did.

"I-i'm sorry I was just so excited and your lips were so warm an-" he heard her giggle slightly.

"It's more than okay Tamaki."

"Is it?"

Y/n nodded happily. He smiled a small smile to himself.

"I love you Tamaki."

"I love you too, y/n."